Water

Options
how much water do you think I should try and drink a day ? Also for those who drink water do you think it has aided your weight loss ?

Replies

• Chaidell
    Chaidell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I aim for about 64 oz. of water a day. 8 cups is a good amount to try to get.
    I can workout better when I'm hydrated and it also helps me feel fuller throughout the day, so I think it has definitely helped.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Drink enough to quench your thirst. If your urine is pale yellow, you're good.

Water really doesn't do anything other than keep me from drinking my calories.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Drink enough to quench your thirst. If your urine is pale yellow, you're good.

Water really doesn't do anything other than keep me from drinking my calories.

This is my advice as well. :smile:
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I drink about 64oz per day. I've always been a big water drinker so it isn't hard for me to work this into my life. It hasn't so much aided weightloss but it keeps me hydrated (they say that sometimes when we're hungry we're actually thirsty) and prevents me from slipping up when I do have those moments where I just want a soda. :smile:
  • mrsf15h
    mrsf15h Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Water is the only thing I drink. I prefer it to fizzy drinks and now even fruit juices. I can get through more water on a day with lots of exercise. But always aim for my 2 litres or 8 oz cups each day :)
  • Munklewinkle
    Munklewinkle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone , I actually enjoy water but I suppose i have a bad habit of drinking fizzy drinks if they are in the house . Going to refrain from buying them and hop along the h20 train :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    how much water do you think I should try and drink a day ? Also for those who drink water do you think it has aided your weight loss ?

stay hydrated...there is no magical number and everyone's hydration needs are going to be different. staying hydrated allows your body to function optimally, including your metabolism...other than that, it has jack squat to do with losing weight. Also, staying hydrated is a big part of being healthy...a lot of the things you should be doing, should be for health, not just if it does X,Y, and Z for weight loss. Weight loss isn't the be all, end all of health...actually, it's a bi-product of living a healthful lifestyle in general.
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Most of us do not drink enough water on a daily basis. If you feel thirsty, you are likely not drinking enough.
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    How much do u weigh? You can calculate how much water u should drink based on your weight.
    oizejzr8xfha.jpg