Motivation When Married but Separated or Divorced

Options
MonieLuv46
MonieLuv46 Posts: 13 Member
edited May 2015 in Motivation and Support
Losing weight and getting healthy is very hard but when dealing with marriage problems, it sometimes can get so overwhelming. Lets get together to encourage eachother and provide strenth when personal lives are stressing us out.

Replies

• RhondaNicole17
    RhondaNicole17 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I unfortunately was in a scenario two years ago where my ex husband and I separated and eventually divorced and believe me, it is so tough to focus on things like your weight while you have things like that looming around you. I gained weight and now am working hard to work it off. Let's do this together. We got this!
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total *kitten*. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." --Henry Rollins
  • MonieLuv46
    MonieLuv46 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you RhondaNicole17! This is the hardest point in my life. My husband left me June of last yr. Came back a few times but never stay very long. I have been constantly gaining weight since he left but am now trying to get myself together. My self-esteem is very low and it doesn't help that he left me for another woman! Im still trying though and am determined (most days) to get healthy.
  • RhondaNicole17
    RhondaNicole17 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    MonieLuv46 wrote: »
    Thank you RhondaNicole17! This is the hardest point in my life. My husband left me June of last yr. Came back a few times but never stay very long. I have been constantly gaining weight since he left but am now trying to get myself together. My self-esteem is very low and it doesn't help that he left me for another woman! Im still trying though and am determined (most days) to get healthy.

I'm so sorry to hear it. Believe me, I know what you're dealing with. I just read a quote that I think hits the spot..

Your value doesn't decrease based on someone else's ability to see your worth-unknown

It takes time to heal, and you have to allow yourself to take that time. But you are already here and making amazing efforts! You can do this!!