I talk a good diet but can't stick to it

Hi
I always seem to be on a diet, I can loose a stone through diet and exercise and then blow all my efforts when something happens, good or bad, nice or cold weather always an excuse to eat and not exercise. I know exactly what to do to loose the weight and lead a healthy life style but it is very difficult when I'm the only one willing to do it in my house and work place. I just need to be accountable to someone who is struggling the same as me. D

Replies

• sandijashinsky
    sandijashinsky Posts: 2 Member
    I hear ya! Like many things in life it is far easier said then done. The day starts great then seems to end in failure. It is hard!!!! No easy way around it. Tracking does seem to help me though. ALso, prepping foo and snacks for the entire day helps me too. I wish you well. DO NOT GIVE UP!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,902 Member
    Hi
    I always seem to be on a diet, I can loose a stone through diet and exercise and then blow all my efforts when something happens, good or bad, nice or cold weather always an excuse to eat and not exercise. I know exactly what to do to loose the weight and lead a healthy life style but it is very difficult when I'm the only one willing to do it in my house and work place. I just need to be accountable to someone who is struggling the same as me. D
    The reality is that IF you want something bad enough, you'll do what it takes to get it. There is "desire" and there is "commitment". You just have to be committed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Hihapagurl
    Hihapagurl Posts: 6 Member
    I agree. I lose but can't maintain it. After many years of this, I don't even want to start again but recent high blood pressure is getting my attention. So here I am trying to get back on track. Small changes/habits will lead the way.
  • barbaraedmo
    barbaraedmo Posts: 14 Member
    I am determined to stick to it this time, my life is about to change and I have to be on top form if I need to progress and I believe that if I don't look good I won't feel good
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    what niner said. Stop relying on others at home or the workplace if you were serious then rely on yourself to get the results for you. You are correct in healthy lifestyle, but it has to be one you cna sustain forever.

As you know less talk and more do.
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Losing is hard, but maintaining is harder. That's why you shouldn't go on a diet but make a lifestyle change (as you pointed out). Only then will you be able to keep it off and not jeopardize all the hard work you will have put into it.
    Fingers crossed that this time you'll be able to keep it up! And remember: Start with small steps and don't deprive yourself or set unrealistic goals. That will most likely result in failure. Good luck!
  • lizm0001
    lizm0001 Posts: 3 Member
    I've definitely felt the same way. I want it, but then things happen and I eat too much then I get frustrated that I'm not making any progress. The two biggest things for me that make me think this time will be different are weighing and measuring and logging EVERYTHING, but even more importantly, pre-logging the night before. I'm not sure exactly why, but it's helped so much!!!