Logging my food

CurlyCockney
CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before, I'm new and couldn't find the information.

I've just had my shopping delivered, and before I portion up the food (and get rid of the packaging so that it fits in my freezer!) I'd like to scan the nutritional information into MFP in 1g sizes and add it to a personalised list. Then when I am ready to eat it, I'll just need to weigh it and input that into my diary. Would someone please tell me how I can do this?

I really hope this is possible, as I'm not going to remember the brand etc. by the time I want to eat it.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Why not write what it is on the bags when you split it up? Or cut out the nutritional info from the packaging and stick it in the bag with the food? You can also write on the date that you put it in the freezer so you know which is the older stuff and needs to be eaten first :smile:
  • CurlyCockney
    Hi d3mon4ngel, thanks for responding. They are great ideas, I don't know why I didn't think of them myself! I guess I was hoping for an easier way, as there is already a scanner in MFP. I'd better go and write on the bags before it all defrosts!
  • sandijashinsky
    sandijashinsky Posts: 2 Member
    I have also taken my phone and scanned the bar code of the item into my food diary under snack, then after it ecords I go into the daily food diary and change the quanity to 0 so it doesn't add to my food diary for the day, however the item is still logged into my fitnesspal bank so I have it for later.
  • CurlyCockney
    Hi sandijashinsky, thanks for that - I'll remember it for next time! I followed d3mon4ngel's advice and wrote on the bag, and thought that while I had the pen in my hand I might as well write the weight of each portion on it too. I was surprised that the meat/fish weight (chilled) was quite a bit more than the pack label stated - so maybe it's just as well I couldn't scan it in.