Eating calories burned?

Options
I am supposed to be eating 1200 calories a day. I work out 5-7 days a week and burn about 300-700 calories through working out. Should I be eating these calories back?

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    its an on going debate here but i see no point of working out if im gonna eat em back ....
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Most people on here will probably tell you that yes you need to eat those. Personally when I did eat them back I didn't lose much weight. I also didn't lose much when I didn't eat any back. I eat back about 1/2 or less and have been losing steadily.
  • jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    I usually eat them all back because I love eating, and that's motivation to get out there and do some cardio for me. But I think most people only have to eat half of them back and make sure they eat something with protein directly after their workout.
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Eat them if you get hungry. If you're not hungry, then don't eat them. Listen to your body, its pretty smart :)
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Eat them if you get hungry. If you're not hungry, then don't eat them. Listen to your body, its pretty smart :)
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    Not sure if you are suppose to. Me personally I do not. I was told the key to weight loss is calories in vs. calories out! So what's the point of burning if you are just going eat it back?! Just my personal opinion!
  • fmktjod
    fmktjod Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    As was already said, there is lots of debate on this site and information on-line. My suggestion, learn as much as you can one way to start is type eating exercise calories into the search engine here and read what has been posted before. Also, conduct your own research on the physiology of weight loss and then experiment to see what works best for your body. This journey to fitness and health is a lifetime commitment rather than a race, just keep on learning and trying to do your best. You will make your goals!

Best,

Jodi
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I use it as a leeway to able me to eat a regular meals (still low fat) without feeling guilty. But I am on my first week and will weigh in tomorrow so I dont know if what I am doing will give me results each week or not. I do know I will not be eating all mine back it I burn more than 500 i dont want to over eat.
  • jessicazanebell
    jessicazanebell Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you for the advice everyone!
  • jessicazanebell
    jessicazanebell Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you for the advice everyone!