anyone else feel sad or frustrated when going clothes shopping??

Options
Like you want to buy clothes but can never find something that looks good or the clothes you wanna really wear don't look nice on you.
It makes one get stressed and self esteem gets lower tbh

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. Trying to buy jeans or a swim suit are the absolute worst for me.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You'll find that as you lose weight clothes shopping gets alot easier. Just follow MFP suggestions, stay within your calories, exercise if you can, and you'll see a difference in a couple of months. Don't ever give up and in a year you'll have a whole new wardrobe. Best. B)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Good advice @snowflake954 ! I with you @Dnarules with the jeans and swimsuits! Ugh!
  • yasminbower1991
    yasminbower1991 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Same here,
    i really struggle to find anything that looks good on me, i have almost developed a 'uniform' of clothes consisting of black leggins and a black or grey baggy top. Going shopping is a real nightmare. X
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yes! But that's why I'm working on a new me :) I've had that confidence before I had my 3rd child, loving to shop and I WILL have that again. :)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m7y7shTrsD1r6p48c.gif
  • Mitchellcm
    Mitchellcm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yep I feel your pain as well. I realized I could fit into a size 18 at old Navy, then went into Walmart and tried on an 18 and couldn't even do them up. Put a real damper on my clothes shopping. It's ridiculously annoying but like others have said that's one reason I'm working on a new body!
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Try to stay away from clothes shopping. I sure do have a lot of shoes though. Lol. Watches, purses, earrings, etc.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    I recently went jeans shopping and came home empty handed. Went to Walmart, Kohls and JCPennys. It is amazing the size difference across brands! A size 16 fit in one store while I could only zip up an 18 in another. I need a size Short so that complicates things even further. I will be wearing my old jeans till they fall off whether from use or being too big to stay up! They are a pair I bought at Target a couple of years ago and LOVE them because they fit perfectly. Sadly they no longer carry them. Sigh.....
  • cocoamoon
    cocoamoon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @mitchellcm yeah sometimes you think you're a certain size and nope it barely fits.

@packersfan0103 I was actually trying to just get some tops because on fridays we don't go with the uniform at work but it seems like nothing works.

• packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I meant to say I. I try to stay away from clothes shopping. Are t-shirts ok for your job?
  • slbuchanan361
    slbuchanan361 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    OMG! Are you kidding me- like everyday of my life!!!! It gives me great motivation on the treadmill.
  • AndiJH
    AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Clothes shopping can be both amazing and heartbreaking. I range from a size 4-6 depending on the store, and even for me trying on a dress I can't zip or a swimsuit that gives me a muffin top is tough and makes me feel horrible.
    Just gotta push through and accept that all clothes are not made the same! Find the pieces that make you feel awesome, sexy and confident. Those are the wins in shopping that are worth the splurge!
  • RedArmy1918
    RedArmy1918 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @Lasmartchika LOLOLOL!!!

And yes. Shopping for clothes sucks. A few years ago I went down one pant size and it made such a big difference.

I've gained the weight since but just started working out again.

I still remember the rush I felt back then when I found nice clothes that fit me well.

That's one of the things driving me to get in shape again!!
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    cocoamoon wrote: »
    Like you want to buy clothes but can never find something that looks good or the clothes you wanna really wear don't look nice on you.

Always! No matter how much weight I've lost I always feel a mess when I go clothes shopping. I feel like I look fat in everything.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Just stick with MFP and trust it. Before long you will be excited to go into those clothes shops trying on all the different things that actually fit you really nicely. It will not take long if you stick with it.

The first time I went clothes shopping after losing weight, I had no idea what size I needed. I took a few things into the fitting room in the size I thought would fit. I was so pleased with myself when I came out and the assistant asked me if the clothes were ok and I had to say 'no sorry, THEY ARE TOO BIG'. I was almost jumping for joy.

Trust me, stick with this and just one question. If you are on MFP looking to lose weight, why are you clothes shopping? If you are serious about losing weight you will not get the wear out of the new clothes, because in a couple of months, they will be too big. And yes, I am saying that by mid summer you could be a couple of sizes smaller. Now isn't that worth doing?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    You'll find that as you lose weight clothes shopping gets alot easier. Just follow MFP suggestions, stay within your calories, exercise if you can, and you'll see a difference in a couple of months. Don't ever give up and in a year you'll have a whole new wardrobe. Best. B)

False. I have as much trouble finding clothes at an Australian size 6-8 as I did at a size 14-16. I've now added muscle, which makes it even more difficult. I buy shoes. And handbags. And jewellery. And gym clothes!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Yes! But that's why I'm working on a new me :) I've had that confidence before I had my 3rd child, loving to shop and I WILL have that again. :)

Yep. Before I got pregnant with my third I was slim, and was so excited to try on denim shorts in a UK 12 (US8) and have them be loose! My baby is now 1 and those shorts just about do up. Grrr. But I will get back there.

Even slim shopping for some things can be a pain. I have an hourglass figure so jeans are hard, because to fit my hips they're often too big round my waist.
  • MarySmith19
    MarySmith19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is annoying when the sizes differ between brands but it is such a thrill when you can ask the shop assistant to bring you a size smaller. I have dropped three dress sizes since last summer and most of my jeans are destined for the bin as I have run out of holes on the belts. I am not buying a lot at the moment as I plan to lose another couple of sizes but I am lucky to have a branch of Taking Shape in town, the styles are amazing and easy to layer into different looks.

Please keep trying, it will be worth it in the end.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    cocoamoon wrote: »

Always! No matter how much weight I've lost I always feel a mess when I go clothes shopping. I feel like I look fat in everything.