Almond milk in my coffee-THANK YOU!!

Options
A few of you suggested the unsweetened almond milk instead of creamer. I bought the unsweetened chocolate (kinda hard to find though) OMG, it's like a Mocha for like no calories! I think it's like 12 calories? I always use a ton of creamer because I like my coffee creamy and pretty sweet, well that's a lot of calories! Now I use like a 1/3 cup chocolate UNSWEETENED almond milk and some splenda. So good. The vanilla is also good.

Just thought I'd share with you all. Now if I could just find a 12 calorie glass of wine...

Replies

• AliCat2705
    AliCat2705 Posts: 22
    Options
    I hadn't seen this and I have some of the almond milk in my fridge, I am gonna try it in the morning! Thanks! I am the same way and love my coffee nice and sweet and creamy!
  • margarita953
    margarita953 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing good things about almond milk - I will have to try it out. Thanks for sharing!
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I know, huh! I tried it when I ran out of creamer and yum-mee! What a nice surprise!
  • DancingYogini
    DancingYogini Posts: 377
    Options
    I love Almond milk!! In my cereal, coffee...I even cook with it. Doesn't have much protein...but we get too much protein in our diets anyway :smile:
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    What brand is the chocolate almond milk? Sounds delicious. :D
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It's the Blue Diamond brand. I found it at Raley's (also called Nob Hill in some places). I can find the vanilla everywhere, but not the chocolate. It was in the little box by the soy milk, not in the fridge section. It's good for a long time until you open it, then use it within a week. So, I bought 4!

Just make sure you get the unsweetened, otherwise it's not so calorie friendly.
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    That sounds so good, I had to stop buying the International Delight creamers because of the sugar. I will definately try this. Thanks so much.
  • shelldevera
    Options
    I think almond milk is so much creamier than soy milk. If you prefer a rich, but not so sweet vanilla almond, try Silk. I find the Almond Breeze a bit too sugary
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    I think I'm gonna have a tough time finding this because I live in New Zealand.. but I'll try! I stopped having coffee all together because of all the milk and sugar.. but almond milk sounds fantastic!
  • mamato3inca
    Options
    And, yes it's called Almond Breeze by blue diamond.
  • mamato3inca
    Options
    I think almond milk is so much creamier than soy milk. If you prefer a rich, but not so sweet vanilla almond, try Silk. I find the Almond Breeze a bit too sugary

Did you get the unsweetened kind?
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I tried this in my coffee instead of creamer and I had to use so much that it really didn't save me any calories, which is what I was trying to do :-/
  • mamato3inca
    Options
    I tried this in my coffee instead of creamer and I had to use so much that it really didn't save me any calories, which is what I was trying to do :-/

It's only 40 calories for an entire 8 oz cup!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options

with creamer its only 27 calories
  • mamato3inca
    Options

with creamer its only 27 calories

Do you put 8 oz of almond milk in your coffee? I'm confused?
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've tried soy and almond milk; I liked both as cream substitutes. What I love most though is that they helped me gradually break the habit of needing creaminess in my coffee. I went from 2% milk to soy, then to almond milk which was less creamy to me (but delicious almond aroma). Now I'm comfortable having my coffee black on a regular basis. I still like creamy additions to my coffee, but they are now occasional treats rather than a requirement.
  • Smurfette64
    Smurfette64 Posts: 64
    Options
    you can make your own:

Raw Almond Milk
    2 cups of fresh raw Almonds
    1 cup of Pine nuts
    Calico cloth (for straining)

Directions: to make this almond milk:
    soak 2 cups of fresh raw almonds and 1 cup of Pine nuts overnight in a bowl of pure water (The water should be 1-2cm above the nuts to allow for swelling). In the morning drain the water and fill your blender with the almonds and Pine nuts to about a 1/3rd full, then add 2 cups of fresh water to fill the blender up. Blend on high speed until the mixture begins to spin and you have a white creamy looking milk. Put the calico cloth over a large glass bowl or container (I prefer to wet the cloth with water first) and then pour some of the mixture on top, wrap the cloth around the mixture and twist the top then Squeeze the mixture through with your hands (The meal and skins left in the cloth can be used in the shower for a great body scrub)

You will have approximately one litre of silky raw beautiful almond milk left ready to use for drinking, shakes or puddings. I tend to add as little water as possible so that I can get thicker/creamy milk and then put the mixture back into the blender with more water to extract a second lot of more watery milk. This almond milk will keep for about three days in the refrigerator.