Newish and need some pals for support

Options
Hello,
I am on here for the second time. The first time I was under a different name and didn't use the site for all it was worth. I joined last time to try to stay accountable, but it only works if you are putting in the hard work. I wasn't anymore. I had lost several pounds before joining the first time. Now I am looking at the scale climbing fast. I have put on more than 50 of those lost pounds again.
I think the best thing for me would be to have some friends on here to be more accountable. I am not quite at the stage of being in the weight-loss mode, but am hoping to get back to that feeling soon.
I look forward to meeting all of you :0)
Blessings,
Hollie

Replies

• Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm "newish" too, mostly using the phone app, but I have been logging on more and more and have found a whole new world. I love it here and am becoming a teensy bit of an addict. -But this is definitely a GOOD addiction! I'm always like "I have to log my food, I have to log my food!" There is a plethora of information here and TONS of supportive peeps so "Welcome back!" and feel free to add me if you are so inclined.

-Jill :)
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on for about a month and it can be very addicting, you start looking at posts, making comments, and bam an hour has passed. Hope you enjoy the site and all it has to offer.

You can friend me if you like.
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome back... Use the site and the people for all they are worth. Feel free to add me !
  • KristineAG
    KristineAG Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome back, Hollie! Good luck with reaching your goal. Please feel free to add me if you'd like! :smile:
  • ValGalNC
    ValGalNC Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi!! I'm new here myself -- Brand new -- this is my 2nd day! : ) I'd love new and supportive friends in doing this too, I'm still learning the site and the ropes around here, but it sure does seem fun and addictive! : )
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear from all of you. I will definitely be adding everyone as a friend and hope that we can all motivate each other :0)
  • Maggiemc315
    Maggiemc315 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been on this site for about a month and I have yet to post. I feel more conscience of what I am eating, but at the same time I am having a hard time controlling it. I am getting married in 6 days! Ofcourse I had a weight loss goal that I didn't meet; the wedding stress actually had me looking for food instead of watching what I put in my mouth. As I being my new life with I want to be healthy and feel good about myself. Once the wedding is over I don't want to throw in the towel and just give up, I would actually like to work harder than ever. And I could use some support!:happy:
  • HollieDoodles
    Options
    Thanks for the friend request :0)
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I hope you are enjoying this preparation time even though it is super stressful. I'm sure we will all be there to support you on your weightloss journey.
    God bless,
    Hollie
  • supermom4abcd
    supermom4abcd Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I have only been here for about four months, but it has helped me tremendously. Good luck!
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Hollie - I'll send you a friend request. I've only been here a couple of weeks and the community part is great to see how well people are doing - it's encouraging. You can do it - don't give up! Yvonne
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've been on since November and love the site. I'd be happy to have you add me as a friend. The more support we have, the better the success. Best wishes to you!!!:happy:
  • ribbit2937
    ribbit2937 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Hollie!
    I'm also new-ish here (I've used the tracker but not the community) and I totally get the frustration over trying to lose weight only to gain it back. I'm a grad student with a super-sedentary work life and a bunch of guy pals who love beer & hot dogs, but never gain a pound, so I could definitely use some help with motivation!! Mostly, I need folks to remind me that the self-restraint will pay off. :) Feel free to friend me (same goes for anyone else who reads this).
    Best,
    Kay
  • waterfallaus
    Options
    WElcome.
    I have been using the phone app and just found this since a comment from a friend on FB. Interesting reads! Interesting food for thought. I am in the need for new friends to keep me gong as my RL friends do not feel the need to eat healthy or excersize. If you would like please friend me so we have more support.
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hi Hollie! I'm a one-month old on here and still learning! This site has helped me so very much, I know it will you too! Plz feel free to add me, this goes for anyone reading this!
  • fmktjod
    fmktjod Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome Hollie! Congrats on coming back and asking for support. The community here is what has been making the difference for me too. I was on the site for a while before I realized how helpful having others comment and be accountable too was. Since then I've lost 13 pounds and am more than 1/2 way to my first goal weight.

Feel free to look at my profile and friend me if you like.

Best,

Jodi
  • HollieDoodles
    Options
    This is great :0) I'm super excited to have so many new friends on MFP. I hope to add even more.
    I really think that if I continue to stay connected to the community on here I will be more likely to have success that lasts!
    Thank you everybody <3
  • MeButterfly
    Options
    Hello,

I just joined this site on saturday and I feel it is already helping me. Just tracking my food and exercise really keeps me focused and I am making friends to help me in my struggles of weight loss. I have at least 100 lbs to lose. Add me as your friend if you would like. Laura
  • HollieDoodles
    Options
    Hi Laura,
    I am definitely adding you to my friend list :0)
    I appreciate the support and hope that I can be supportive for you too!
    Blessings,
    Hollie