Is it too late to change my body?

Options
I am very depressed about my situation lately. I have always had problems with my weight and eating. I am currently 250 pounds. I used to be 270. I feel like my body is damaged beyond repair. It's been stretched out beyond it's limit and I have tons of stretch marks. I honestly don't like my body and wish I had a different one. I feel like there's really no point in losing all of this weight because I'm just going to have loose skin and still have these stretch marks. I am only 24 and I hate feeling this way. I feel like I will never be happy in my own body. I know it's my fault. I just feel like it's too late. I feel hopeless. Please help.

Replies

• jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks won't go away, but skin may snap back. DO IT NOW! Don't wait till your 30 or 40. Skin won't snap back as easily. You're not too late. Go look through the "Success Stories" forum. There's one story specifically that will give you hope. Fairy2b! She has pictures posted and her transformation is amazing.
    You can do it. Don't wait! Get started today, right now, with your next meal.
  • gettingittogether15
    gettingittogether15 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No matter what losing the weight will totally be worth it and it WILL change your body. There's so many more reasons to lose too - including your health and self esteem and like jaqcan says - don't wait till your 30 or 40!

Don't lose hope!
  • cedar777
    cedar777 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    With the right work out you can get rid of your stretch marks all most of them same goes for your loose skin. Its not going to be easy but it will be worth it. I am coming down on my weight I started at 320 going to 185 currently I am at 269. So I have the same problem but I need to get the weight off to be healthy and am doing exercise as I go. Its important to keep a positive frame of mind and will power. Good luck
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Not to late at all. There is no too late.
    While there may be a chance for loose skin; age is on your side with this one.

I weighed 260 lbs when I was 22 yrs old. I'm 5'4.5" and as such that put me into the Extreme Obese/High Risk category.
    I've gone from this:
    (Dec 2011)
    24fmefd9yffi.jpg
    to this (2013):
    1731fh5mq6rn.jpg
    to this (May 2014):
    m0gqhbhtjzim.jpg

to this (current):
    ntl3b7irdlcs.jpg

z0igny529k0y.jpg

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Ofc its not too late you are still very young. You should also think about your health, not just loose skin. Time is on your side.
  • galaxyeyed
    galaxyeyed Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Your body is never going to be perfect. It's not going to be the airbrushed and photoshopped creations we always see in magazines and online. You're always going to have stretch marks and jiggle. But this is your body, it's the only one you've got. So your options: 1. don't lost weight. Hate yourself and your body and drive yourself crazy until the end of time. 2. Love your body. Try to get it as healthy as possible, lose the weight and see what it looks like. You will probably like the changes that come about, even if the end result isn't what you'd always pictured. But how will you know if you give up before you get there? You can do this :smiley:
  • aDivingBelle
    aDivingBelle Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It might be too late to be a fashion model. But it is never too late to reap the rewards of health and the effects that will have on more than your body. I have horrible stretch marks from having a child and sometimes I wonder what the point is of losing weight too. But I have to remind myself that it is more than just having a perfect body. Very few people on this site lose weight and have a perfect body, but they do have a body that fits into clothes better, that can shop at more stores and a body that has more energy and the ability to do more. And that is huge!

Ask yourself this- will losing weight make things better at all or just completely worse? It will make your life better. Besides, you won't ever know what you will look like after losing all the weight until you do. And when you are older and looks matter less but you are healthier you will be happy you lost the weight and took care of yourself.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you can't do it because you are depressed you will never look perfect maybe you should get your inspiration from the other long term benefits of losing weight.

• zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    You have already lost 20 and if you lose one more - just ONE MORE POUND look how much closer you are to 200 than 300 like you were before!!!
    You are off to a great start! And little by little you will start seeing changes in your body and you WILL be happy. Don't give up now. Because for me if I'm not actively working to LOSE weight I will GAIN weight. Guaranteed.

So keep going. Don't quit.