New wife, new mom, new to MFP

Options
HI!!!! WOW- I am loving this website- addicted I must admit!! I've been on here for a month of so and been on a good streak so far. Being only 3 1/2 months post baby I think I have done pretty well. I am coming up to the "10 lbs left" mark and know it is going to get hard so I am looking for some encouragement! Most of my work outs are done at home or in the neighborhood since I have two babies and live far from family. I would greatly appreciate any home work out suggestions. Friend me!!

Replies

• beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    HI!!!! WOW- I am loving this website- addicted I must admit!! I've been on here for a month of so and been on a good streak so far. Being only 3 1/2 months post baby I think I have done pretty well. I am coming up to the "10 lbs left" mark and know it is going to get hard so I am looking for some encouragement! Most of my work outs are done at home or in the neighborhood since I have two babies and live far from family. I would greatly appreciate any home work out suggestions. Friend me!!
    Welcome to MFP!! The last ten pounds are certainly difficult, but I think we're in the same boat (I have 7 left to lose). Walking is a wonderful way to tone and get the babies out of the house with you. Teaching your children that healthy habit is excellent. Otherwise, there are many dvds that you can do at home, you have to find what works for you. I have a SLIM in 20 DVD that worked wonders for me for a while. Another choice is "Baby and Me Yoga". It's a book that helps you find your inner peace along with your baby/children and stretches their muscles too! I found the book at Toys R Us, but Amazon should have it.

Drink lots of water, and happy losing!!
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Home workout dvd's are great. I'm currently doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and I love it. It's pretty popular on this website, there are a ton of success stories. Results are even better if you don't have a lot of weight left to lose cause you get to actually see the toned muscle. Plus it's like 25 mins a day, which is really easy to fit into any schedule. Anyway, just thought I'd make a recommendation! :flowerforyou:
  • theplanahead
    Options
    You are already doing awesome... 7 pounds in a month! Wow! I'm in AZ too - and been doing DVDs for the past 2 months and been pretty hit or miss on my diet portion - weekdays are easier - weekends and wine are my down falls. I am not sure how I will survive the summer in the heat this year - with the fitness portion. I hope it will be smoothly. Most of the people I've encountered here are nothing but supportive and will point you in the right direction. I'm sure you have your hands full with 2 children under 2 - you deserve an award just for exercising a bit! But seriously - just don't give up if your weight loss slows a bit. You don't have that far to go! Slow and steady wins the race, right?