280+ group

Options
I would love to get on track with people in the same place I am. Compare food, excersize, weight loss etc... If you are at the point where I am and not sure how to get it shedding off as eating healthier is not quite working please please please friend me and let's help each other!!
I have been watching what I eat (in my had to my mouth) ok seriously no fast food, cutting out soda, cutting down sugar, trying to get to none for 2 weeks and have lost only one freaking pound. I have been working out so I am really frustrated as I had hoped to be down 5 lbs already.

Replies

• lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Hello.

I started at 318, sitting at 270 right now. I have been on here for a while. I had lost 75 lbs but then i gained 30 or so lbs, but working on getting that off.

I would love to help you out and give you support (

What are your daily calorie goals? How many calories are you eating a day? How much are you working out? Are you going by mfp guesses or do you have a HRM?
  • alburt
    alburt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there! While I didn't start out at 280, I wasn't far off. I've only lost 16 pounds so far (since January), but already I feel better, have more energy, and need to buy smaller clothes. I would love to say that it's been easy, but I'd be lying. My advise is to stay strong and surround yourself with a support group. Tell as many people you can that you're trying to live healthier. The more people you tell, the more people will be cheering you on. I try not to think of it as a "diet". That sounds too restrictive. I still eat anything I want, just less of it. You'll start to find yourself choosing the healthier options without having to think too much about it. After awhile I found that junk food made me feel cruddy so I'd just avoid it. Try not to get discouraged that it's only "one pound". Congratulations! You're one pound closer to your goal.
  • waterfallaus
    Options
    My MFP calorie allowances are 1500, but rarely get to that mostly around 1200. I do work out at least once a day for 20 minutes, either walking, or More Active 2, and now Zumba for Wii. The MA2 has a HRM and calorie burner where the Zumba does not.
    I have been telling everyone and most look at me like I have lost my midn or yeah like that is going to happen.
    I think of it as reteaching myself to eat correctly. And get a little movement in with it. If you see my food choices I am still eating some of what I really want. I decided it was better to do than not! I am working on really eating the healthier than not aspect. Frequently checking the grocery stores for something that is healthy and fresh.
    I do believe as I had read it once before that that time of month will add a few pounds right before and during and optimal time to weigh is 2 days after it has left the "building". So right now I am hoping in a week there will be a few more pounds off then I was last night.
    We all must stqay strong and reteach ourselves a healthy lifestyle. I would like to run someday, but I know right now at this weight it is not good for my joints. Can't wait to get at it though!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    tom will definetly put a damper on loosing weight.

I would just suggedst to eat at least a net of 1200 calories, if you exercise alot a day make sure and eat some of them.

If you don't eat enough and are not getting at least 1200 calories net, your body could go in starvation mode. I always thought really i am 300 lbs i am not going to starvation, but last year when i started working out 5-7 days a week, and was eating less than 1200 and i wasn't loosing anything but soon as i started eatin ga litlte bit more i started dropping pounds.

just keep at it and it will happen !!
  • waterfallaus
    Options
    How is everyone doing this week?
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Doing good, how are you doing.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey at 297# and now I'm 265#. Something that I think you should work on is the amount of minutes that you workout for. I'm working out for 60 minutes at a time. Normally, it takes about 20 minutes to get your heart rate up. If you only workout for 20 minutes, you're not getting the fat loss benefit. Keep at it! It has taken me 5.5 months to get to the 60 min/daily routine. Now that I'm here, the weight should start melting off. Lastly, MFP said that I should eat 1440 cals/day. Now, I'm eating 1600 cals/day and have enough energy to finish my workouts.