Grow taller after puberty

Options
soonillbehot
soonillbehot Posts: 26 Member
edited May 2015 in Food and Nutrition
So I just turned 20 earlier this month and I find myself quite short, 5'7, and want to grow at least 3" more. Would this be possible? I'm still in the process of losing weight. If so what do I need to do? Any particular exercise I could do that helps me grow taller? Or food? Milk is the only one I could think of. I'm a male btw.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Talk to your doctor! Maybe growth hormons if it's not too late; if you're still growing, maybe it's not too late.
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it's possible to increase your height. If it would help, I can tell you how to add 3" to your circumference.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Negative but I feel your pain.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and wish I was 6'2" or 6'3", just got to live with it I guess.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Genetics. You get to blame your parents for this. I do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• soonillbehot
    edited May 2015
    Options
    What are the most obvious signs that my puberty is over? Cause I hope it isn't for the sake of growing taller and if I'm still in puberty what's the best way to boost my height? Any recommended exercise I should be doing? What about nutrition?
  • sbtnicky
    sbtnicky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You could ask your doctor to see if your growth plates have fused, but even if they haven't you're not likely to be given any sort of treatment at 5'7". That's not a particularly short height in the grand scheme of things. (I'm 5'0", trust me, I know.)
  • eugenia94102
    eugenia94102 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Some people can gain a little bit (1cm-2cm) height by rowing ( it increases the space between the vertebrae). I don't know if a machine would be as effective as rowing in water. It must be done consistently over an extensive period of time ( I'm guessing, 3 x week for two years) to be effective.
  • kkarcher94511
    kkarcher94511 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    not likely youll gain 3 inches of height, but highly possible you can get a touch taller over the next 2 years. It incredible what posture can do too. I had very shortened/tight muscles and 4 months after regularly incorporating an intense pilates class into my regime, i measure almost a full inch taller!!! the muscles in my legs have actually elongated and i stand taller! so maybe try working on posture too?
  • soonillbehot
    Options
    yeah I could probably gain an inch by fixing my posture but what about the rest :(
    I measured my dad and mom height and use some sort of calculator online and I could at least grow 5cm more, I hope it's not too late though.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    No, you will not grow taller in your 20s, sorry. Unless you consider surgery. Which is probably too expensive and painful for most "normal" people to consider.