My Garmin Vivosmart review

Options
After a number of smart wearabletechnology I like the Garmin Vivosmart over the rest of the wearabletechnology field.
Pros
it's slick seamless feel makes you forget at times you even have it on
battery life I average about 70 to 90 emails today this device gives me a solid six days between charges
waterproof. .swimming in it shower in it just leave it on.
accuracy I found at a slower rate the accuracy of the step count is plus or minus .05 percent however when I work out more vigorously at a higher speed the accuracy rate is plus or minus .02%
sync definitely syncs seamlessly with the site
set up. from box to wrist 4 minutes.
Bluetooth connection. I found when I leave my phone for more than an hour I have to come back and manually sync the two devices if it's less than an hour it syncs seamlessly together when I get back into range in the range I have to say is fairly good.

Cons
notification screen can be tough to see while running.
Price when compared to the field of average fit devices this one will cost you anywhere from 30 to 50 dollars more you have to decide if all the notifications are for you.

I'm sure I haven't answered all the questions but I've stack this against fitbits SmartWatches, JawbonE and like the Garmin Vivosmart vs the rest

Good luck

Replies

• Byrekyla
    Byrekyla Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love mine for notifications, and to give a general idea of my activity level for the day. I use my forerunner for tracking my runs, so the distance calculated by the pedometer doesn't bother me at all.

All pedometers will be having the same issues with pace / distance measurements.
  • Jesuisyasi
    Jesuisyasi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good review printdoc2006,

I love the notifications, and also controlling my phone's music player with it :)

Haven't figured out the move-bar notifications yet! it vibrates even when I'm walking or doing an exercise! Even when reached my goal, it will notifies me to move after long time sitting at my desk! How much movements per day it expects me to have!?! lol
  • printdoc2006
    printdoc2006 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Jessy

The move bar is still a bit of a mystery however, I'm fairly sure it is programmed to keep you moving regardless of if you're step count goal is hit. My pings me after a 7.5 mile run if I sit too long without walking. I have found it still might prompt you to move even if you are up and about I believe it takes about 50 steps to reset it back to 0 that is just a guess. Nevertheless it's a great tool a great reminder keep our selves moving

best of luck