Today is a sad day

Options
I haven't been on MyFitnessPal in quite a while and today I decided to step on a scale for the first time in months. Upon doing so, I became very depressed as I realized that I had gained weight and I'm now 6ft, 264lbs. That is completely unacceptable and I feel disgusted with the way I've let myself go. I've got to make a change or else I'm afraid I will never be able to shed this weight. I needed to share this so that I don't internalize my feelings and depression. I'm not waiting until tomorrow to make a change, I'm starting today. Next stop, 40 lbs lighter.

Replies

• aDivingBelle
    aDivingBelle Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Today is a happy day! Today is the day you decided to do something great for yourself. That is a great thing. Any journey starts with a single step. Congrats on your first step!

• MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Try n stay strong. I know how u felt on that scale. But hard work will bring it down
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Been there...Done that. Welcome back. I live alone, and it is really easy to stay at home and only go out when I workout. I had a day with my sis-in-law today and decided to be more social. Less time vegging in front of my TV and computer and getting out of doors, exercise and seeing old friends. Thats the best cure for weight gain (stay away from restaurants), and depression. Good luck. smile:
  • pxalpha97
    pxalpha97 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the quick response and words of encouragement. I'm going to do this.
  • eihcir1
    eihcir1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It takes discipline. You can do anything if you want to badly enough. You have already made your decision. Good luck and remember ... Discipline!
  • slbuchanan361
    slbuchanan361 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How awesome that you have the determination to take that step. FYI - my husband started only 30 days ago and is already 40 lbs lighter. It's the most miraculous thing I have ever witnessed. His workouts are hardcore and consistent. His spirit is fierce!!! We are on this journey together and although my weight loss is slow he motivates me everyday. So keep up the great attitude- change is coming if you do the work!!
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You can do it! There is no happy without sad. Next stop, happy!
  • bwp180
    bwp180 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I find reading these forums before I go to bed and when I wake up very motivational and supportive. Lots of challenges and groups u can join for even more support. Good luck!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    pxalpha97 wrote: »
    I'm not waiting until tomorrow to make a change, I'm starting today. Next stop, 40 lbs lighter.

Sounds great! FR sent.

Make a commitment. Keep it. Surround yourself with others who feel the same way.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Welcome back! You can do this!!!
  • MinaAutumn
    MinaAutumn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Unhappy when I'm skinny because I can't eat. Unhappy when I'm fat because I look gross and can't fit into my clothes.
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Stepping on the scale was a big step. Now, coming back to MFP is the next big step. You can do this. Welcome back.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Many of us have given up at some point and then come back for good. You can do it!
  • barbarella16
    barbarella16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same - getting back to the healthy fit me from two years ago. Don't let your current state prevent you from making positive changes and good choices, no matter how small. It's amazing how fast 21 days goes by - enough to make a habit! Reward yourself with healthy food and exercise. Schedule it so it's a priority. You deserve it.