Debating whether to keep paying for Weight Watchers

Options
latina0514
latina0514 Posts: 27 Member
I've been paying for WW since January, it's a great program and I'm down 35 lbs even though my profile says less. I just don't know how to update it. I am tracking through this site for the next several days to see how it goes. I'm liking the nutrient content and the fitness integration much better than the WW app. Not sure if not having a meeting to hold me accountable will mess things up.. Anyone else gone through this? Any advice? Tips? Thanks in advance!
Kim

Replies

• tattooedmomma93b
    tattooedmomma93b Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have never used weight watchers, but I know there are tons of people who successfully lose weight without it. This is a free site/app and you've got all of us on here to help keep you motivated and accountable!! If I were you I'd stop paying for it. But that's just me. If it works for you then do what works.
  • latina0514
    latina0514 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. I'm definitely considering it. I just need to stay motivated.
  • starglows
    starglows Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Knowing nothing about this...

If you cancel and you aren't able to lose more weight, then you could rejoin Weight Watchers? Good luck. ;-)
  • msearslive
    msearslive Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel like you should do what works for you. WW is a very powerful program but really it's simply about practicing discipline and tracking everything yourself. MFP has everything in here nutrition wise. I have never run into something that it didn't have.

You can create your meals and input every spice, every ingredient... And in essence make your meal plans. It will take a bit of time but you can do it!

Best of luck!!

latina0514 wrote: »
    I've been paying for WW since January, it's a great program and I'm down 35 lbs even though my profile says less. I just don't know how to update it. I am tracking through this site for the next several days to see how it goes. I'm liking the nutrient content and the fitness integration much better than the WW app. Not sure if not having a meeting to hold me accountable will mess things up.. Anyone else gone through this? Any advice? Tips? Thanks in advance!
    Kim

• melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers has it's place. I hear that it really helps educate people on healthy eating habits. Also you can connect with humans in real life. If you feel that you are educated on what a balanced and healthy diet is for you, what types of exercise you need, and you have people in your corner then make the transition. If not, than you have something to contemplate.
  • thatzumbachick
    thatzumbachick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was on WW twice. I was very successful on it but after awhile I got bored. I hated the meetings personally so ultimately I was paying $40 a month to track food. So I stopped.....and over time gained 10 pounds back! MFP is awesome! So many good features, all sorts of tracking, online support, and more! And free! I'm finally getting off my plateau and losing again! Excited! But that's just MY experience....weigh your pros and cons.