When did you know?

Options
2»

Replies

• epeters1984
    epeters1984 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When my aunts diabetes got so bad that she can barely walk. She just turned 60 and can't go up a flight of stairs. If I kept on the pace I was going I would get diabetes for sure and I didn't want to end up the same. Now I'm down 30lbs.
  • epixstudiosnh
    epixstudiosnh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It's one thing to realize you need to change your lifestyle. It's another thing to take steps to do so. But it's an entirely different thing to feel it click.

When did it happen for you? When did you realize you had made a real, lasting change in your lifestyle? How did you feel?

Mine happened a month ago when I finally told my ex husband off. The weight that came off of my shoulders after I got rid of him was incredible and all the sudden something snapped. I wasn't depressed anymore and I was ready to make a change in my life to be able to move on to a new chapter where I am actually happy and healthy!

Good luck on your journey!
  • Lacey0903
    Lacey0903 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I finally realized that I just have to keep going. Even if the scale isn't moving, or I go way over my calories one day, or my giveaf*** takes a vacation. It doesn't mean I have failed & now have to give up. I just have to start fresh everyday. If I stop caring & trying, I'll go back to where I started. & I'm not willing to do that. Again.
  • RedArmy1918
    RedArmy1918 Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Maybe it'll sound silly but for me it was when I reached 30 years of age in January. I sort of shifted my way of reasoning. I thought, OK so for 30 years I wished I wasn't overweight and that I didn't smoke and that I was in shape and some other things, so what exactly am I waiting for.

This is exactly what was going through my head on my 29th birthday this past January. At a size 40 I had to unbutton my pants when I sat down and I thought: "ENOUGH".

I've felt so insecure throughout my teens and 20s. I've been bullied and hurt. I've stopped myself from living because of my weight.

For example, swimming. I love swimming in a pool, the ocean, rivers or creeks but I've always felt embarrassed to be out without a shirt. Sometimes I overcome it because life would suck without swimming, but most of the time I stop myself from enjoying so many things.

But I'm tired of living like this and if I'm going to live life to the fullest then I need to overcome the obstacles that stop me from loving life to the fullest.

Wishing you all success!!

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I've always been a pretty confident fat chick. It was what I was. I looked good, I did what I liked and yeah it held me back but there was nothing for it, the only 2 times I had lost weight was at 15 where I stopped eating (poor choice) and 24 when I had a 4hr break between school and work that I just spent at the free college gym. Neither of these was sustainable in adulthood so screw it I said and lived my life.

Then I had my boy, and lots of things clicked. Mentally (I was now responsible for someone who wasn't me) physically (pre-eclampsia was my first real proof that I wasn't indestructible) and spiritually (I didn't have one after all). Amongst all those swimming thoughts was the realization that to be the sort of mom I wanted to be I needed to succeed in loosing weight. It was no longer a party till the family diseases settled in, it was being there for the little one so that he didn't have to be my parent 30yrs from now.

I be an running, tried eating clean, then found MFP. The click happened when I forced myself to log a cake binge. I woke up the next morning, saw that red bar for the week and thought "that isn't so bad, I can keep going". First time I ever felt hopeful about weight loss!

It's amazing what the little monsters can drive you to do!
  • MeleriD
    MeleriD Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what the little monsters can drive you to do!

Too true. Same click moment for me. I had a little person relying on me to be there for them, how could I help them be all they can be when I wasn't doing the same for me.

• FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When I started thinking of my meals as fuel for my next workout!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!