Scale Victory approaching!

Options
Mythril
Mythril Posts: 146 Member
On January first I began my weight loss journey. The goal is to lose 100 lbs by new years day of next year. I realize it's a HUGE goal, but I also know it's possible. I will be happy with 50 lbs this year, but I will always keep my eyes on 100.

Well, here I am 5 months in. Almost at the halfway mark. I have lost 37 pounds, and I'm chugging along. I am happy with my progress, although I have been through ups and downs emotionally.

But I wanted to take a moment to celebrate my first HUGE success. Well, it actually isn't here yet. But it's fast approaching.

I have been in the 300s for a few years now. When I lost my job in 2011 I weighed about 280, and my weight steadily rose since then. I had surgery, and was sedentary, and then got into the habit of sitting. I was at 345 at the beginning of this year. Now I am at 308. In just another 8 pounds I will be out of the three hundreds, and back in the two hundreds where I have spent most of my life. (Yeah... first time I ever remember actually weighing myself I was in 6th grade and I weighed 240 lbs.)

I am so excited, it's fueling me on. MORE! MORE! MORE!

BUT! More importantly I am doing things I couldn't do. Last year I went with my sister to the zoo. It was VERY embarrassing. I could not walk more than a few feet before I needed to sit. I literally sat on EVERY bench along the way. We made it to the back of the park, and then back to the front. We saw Giraffes and that's it. I was MISERABLE. In two weeks I'll be going to the zoo with her again, it will have been a year. And I will be able to walk around without sitting. My sister told me she thinks I'm walking faster than I have ever walked in my life! (I have always walked slow, even in high school.) I'm so looking forward to seeing how much I have improved in just 5 months. And I just want to keep improving!

That's all. Just sharing my excitement with people who will understand.

Replies

• Mcd9006
    Mcd9006 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Loved reading your story! Keep it up!
  • Nvr2L82BGr8
    Nvr2L82BGr8 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your progress and story are an inspiration. Keep it up!
  • Littlepeeper
    Littlepeeper Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post. Keep up the great work!
  • TeresaNewsome
    TeresaNewsome Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good joB! You inspire me.
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I am very happy for you :) Congrats
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Happy for you..keep going. .all the very best
  • linand10
    linand10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • refinley2
    refinley2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Your excitement made me excited, thank you! I'm happy for you. Great work! Dude, you've lost nearly forty pounds this year! A trip to the zoo is a perfect way to celebrate this victory
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Happy for you..keep going. .all the very best
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well done on your progress keep it up!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I liked that story, really gave this perspective. Great job on choosing to take control. You look great!
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Okay, so. The zoo trip went amazing. We got there at ten and I walked around until lunch at 1 like I was unstoppable. I felt light and had no pain. About an hour or two after lunch (about 3 or 4) my feet began to hurt so bad I could barely stand it. I powered through until I couldn't handle it anymore, then I asked my sister of we could sit. I sat 20-30 minutes, and after that my feet were fine and I made it until closing at 7 without sitting again. :D I did great! My feet swelled but after a day they were ok. My calves hurt for about 2 days because of the slight slope but they recovered completely after that. Yay! 200s here I come!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!