When did you drop a clothes size?

Iv lost 20lb , started at 13st7 now 12st1 and still not fitting into smaller size jeans or tops . To be honest the clothes I've been wearin since I started to lose weight aren't even gettin loose/baggy . Just wondering when you all droped a size

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    It varies both from person to person and with how much you have to lose. I lost close to 25 pounds before dropping a size (22 to 20). Now it's about every 10-12 pounds, and I just started wearing 14s last month.
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    I was in 16s that I had no business being in, and 35 pounds later I'm comfortable in a 14.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    It really depends how the weight is distributed. I'm 5'10". At 267 I was in tight 18's (I probably should have been in a 20). I lost 30 or 40 pounds before I could fit into 16's. But once I got below 14, it took MUCH less. I went from a size 8 jeans & skirts to size 6 with only a 7 pound loss. I can even wear size 4's from the stores with the most extreme vanity sizing. LOL!

However, my upper body is slower to change sizes. Part of that is because that is the last part of me to lose (some stubborn fat is hanging on), and part is because I just have broad shoulders and average to slightly about average breasts which means I think I will always wear a larger size shirt than jeans.
  • CupcakeQueen86
    CupcakeQueen86 Posts: 76 Member
    I'm 5'7 I can fit in to the same clothes weighing 13 stones and 11.9 stones. I think we wear the wromg sizes :s
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Somewhere between 15-20 lbs, I went from a 13 to an 11. Now about a 10, not quite a 9 yet.

It depends on your start weight and where the weight is. I have a lot in the hips and thighs, so the waist is always loose first :)

SW 200
    CW 174
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Can't remember when; I kept my starting weight clothes as long as possible, and they were definitely looser after the 15lb mark or so. I went from a size 9/11 in March 2014 to a 3/5 now. My size varies based on the brand, but the 28lbs I've lost have made a huge difference in my clothes over the past year.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Generally it's been about a 10lbs loss for me between sizes.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    I've lost 14 kg (31 lbs) ...

In Australian sizes I was a 16 ... that translates to anything between an 8 and a 14 in US sizing.

After I had lost about 12 kg (26 lbs), I bought a skirt in a size 14 (Australian). It fit, but by the end of the day was just a teensy bit snug. Now that I've lost 2 more kg I'll try it again.

Even when I was underweight a number of years ago, I didn't wear clothes much smaller than I do now. My bone structure doesn't allow it ... I've got wide hip bones and fairly broad shoulders.
  • Lizrobin3108
    Lizrobin3108 Posts: 102 Member
    I'm in between sizes 18 and 16 right now. I'm kinda sad though.... I can't wear my two favorite yoga pants while jogging anymore. They slinding down my butt. :'( The silver lining in that is that I must be losing inches for those spandexy pants to be doing that.

I lost 15 pounds since starting up again.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    It took me about 30lbs to drop from a snug 20 to a comfortable 18. Then 15 more to get from a loose 18 to a decent 16.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    edited May 2015
    I've lost around 37lbs and didn't drop a size at the top as I always had fairly wide, bony shoulders. Yes, I could wear clothes tighter at the belly/hips but that doesn't help if the upper part doesn't sit good. Trouwsers is an odd one. I hate the current trouser fashion for women: either skinny, or jeans, or legging. I'm not even asking for cargo or tweed pants (yes, I'm strange :blush:) but just normal, not so tight cotton trousers. Well.. I shrank out of my trousers fairly quickly but couldn't find anything that really fits. About a month ago I could properly wear two pairs of old trousers again, two sizes smaller and I just bought a few new ones in either 2 or 3 sizes smaller. I think I went from a UK12 or 14 to UK8
  • fitnesscosplayer
    fitnesscosplayer Posts: 30 Member
    I lost about 30 to 35 pounds when I dropped pants sizes dropped. To be honestly everyone loses weight differently an you will lose it in certain places before others. For example I lose a bit more in my butt faster than my waist. Silly I know.I went from 18- 20 in pants to a 16 in pants. (Sometimes 14 in curtain brands.) Shirts for a girls Im still an xl or 1x but I notice they fit SO much better now. Mens tops I could get away with a medium but I like them a little lose. Just remember everyone is different in the weight loss game not only that but your so used to the way you look. You might not see or feel a difference cause you are so used to how you were previously.
  • andreamulhall
    andreamulhall Posts: 81 Member
    Thanks everyone , I'll just keep going with this new lifestyle and eventually I'm sure I'll drop a size
  • 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    I tend to lose a size every 10 - 15 kg.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Completely dependent on where you carry your weight. I'm 5'6" and I think I went from 200-175 before I dropped a size. I was talking about that with a friend (because I thought I should have been dropping sizes sooner) and she said that her arms and legs got slimmer while her midsection and clothing sizes stayed the same for even longer than it took me. I'm glad you've decided to stick with it, OP--I know it is easy to get discouraged, but you are on the right track and results will eventually follow.

Now I'm closer to goal and I have no idea how quickly I'm dropping sizes because I'm wearing all kinds of weird Goodwill/Ross/Marshall's brands. I'm in everything from 6-12.
  • _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    I'm 5'7 and have lost 16 lbs (170 to currently 154) which brought me back down from an 8 or 10 to a 6. My goal weight is between 145-150, which I've been before so I know for me is still a size 6 and occasionally a 4. I agree with others who have said it can depend on where you carry your weight- I always lose in my lower half before my midsection so I tend to go down in pants before tops.

The other thing I would add is that no one else can see what size you are wearing and you will look so much better if you wear clothes that fit you properly rather than trying to squeeze into a smaller size. This isn't really directed at OP but I worked in women's retail/fashion for a few years and noticed that many women would want to buy a certain size even if it clearly didn't fit them- just to say they had that size on. Someone wearing a properly fitting 12 will look much nicer than if they tried to squeeze into a 8. So as awesome as it is to get down a size- I know- you will look and feel better during the process if you dress for the body you currently have! You can do it!
  • laurafegan180
    laurafegan180 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi I've lost 26 pounds so far and have only just dropped from a size 20 in jeans to a size 18! For the top part I'm a size 18-16 in tops and still am so don't worry about it :)
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    I have lost approx 8 kg. / 16 pounds so far and I'm still wearing the same size clothing, they just aren't tight anymore. I'm 5'5 and I wear size UK14.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    After the 1st 12lbs i dropped a clothing size
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    I've lost 7ish lbs (I weigh tomorrow) and my clothes are already loose but I carry a lot of weight in my bum so I probably won't be able to go down a pant size for awhile. Most of my weight is coming off my arms and stomach so far.