Slow and steady... 70lbs down

Options
Celebrating 70lbs down today with this funny pic:

For me this hasn't been about a quick fix. So far it's been 1 year 5 months. I recently started losing again after getting out of an increasingly stressful job. Happy to say though, that even when it started to affect my weight loss, I didn't gain or even feel the urge to binge. I maintained until I got the hell out of there!

The main thing I'm happy about is finally having control over my diet. I'm starting to add more exercise in as I go along but my real aim was to figure out how to eat better, adjust my habits and stick with it. I needed sustainable progress.

At times there can be a lot of pressure to lose huge amounts of weight in a short time on MFP, especially for those who start in the higher numbers like me. Slow and steady is working for me so I wanted to share this for people who are considering throwing in the towel. Stick with it! Do it how it works for you!

Replies

• flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Picture said it all
    Well done
  • bourgeois2205
    bourgeois2205 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I have been hanging in there for about three months and have lost 10 lbs but that's okay. I don't have that much to lose and wanted to eat better and increase the exercise. At 76, I know a rapid loss is not going to give me the results I want.
  • travpsu1
    travpsu1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging. I'm down to the last hole in my belt and hoping to shop for a smaller one next week! Keep posting
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I have been hanging in there for about three months and have lost 10 lbs but that's okay. I don't have that much to lose and wanted to eat better and increase the exercise. At 76, I know a rapid loss is not going to give me the results I want.

True!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Nicely done :-)
  • TEZofAllTrades
    TEZofAllTrades Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Just the right attitude and 10lbs is a great loss so well done!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!