How do not let nights out effect your diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Volunteer to be the designated driver and you become both the hero and the one who doesn't get fat.
  • AnnaMakepeace106
    AnnaMakepeace106 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ha drink food binging is defos something to consider! Hopefully I'll have enough willpower to resist. Thank you
    OP, what kind of drinks do you like? why can't you have those?

Jruzer wrote: »
    My honest answer: don't have many nights out, and enjoy the ones you do have.

yeah, this.

my tip is to make sure you've eaten before hand so that you're not drinking on an empty stomach, and so that you aren't tempted to do drunk food binging.
    TDEE???
  • haibu
    haibu Posts: 67 Member
    Options

my tip is to make sure you've eaten before hand so that you're not drinking on an empty stomach, and so that you aren't tempted to do drunk food binging.

Goddamn drunk eating! Every freaking time.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I would just avoid it altogether. I don't drink at all now, but when I did, I would try to drastically cut calories in order to drink more. That just led to Waffle House. If I ate before drinking, it would still lead to Waffle House (or Denny's, or McDonald's, or...you get the point.) It's just not worth it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Order something you don't like the taste of so you drink slower ;)

I can suck down Captain & Cokes but must sip Tangeray & tonics.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I set my calories up so that once a week I can have 2500 calories. When that day hits, I take a look at what I'll be doing that day and assign a certain amount of calories to drinks, usually about 500. Sometimes that will go toward a big dinner or dessert, and then I'll work the rest of the day around it. I drink whiskey, neat. I can definitely get a few drinks in with that allotment.
  • hutchy100
    hutchy100 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If you don't do it loads just go and have a good time , one night won't be too bad in the long run
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it unless you do this on a regular basis :) You can have a few drinks for under 500 calories. Go for an extra walk the next day or the day before and you'll be fine.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I don't get out much these days but when I do I'll make sure I've exercised that day to up my day's calorie balance. Prosecco, gin and slimline tonic are faves but I like wine so I'll drink that too. And "when in Rome..." I'll have cider or beer at rugby or gigs (pfft, haven't been to a gig in ages).

Just be cautious that breakfast and dinner, have a decent tea and avoid chippy lane on the way home!

That said, one splurge every once in a while won't throw you off course.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm not prone to binge eating after drinking so that helps a lot but I do drink several times a week. I just factor it into my calories for the day. If I go out with friends who are drinking more than me I rotate between water and an alcoholic drink.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Good resource at http://getdrunknotfat.com/.

But ultimately, I'd suggest just drinking what you most enjoy, but in smaller quantities. In other words, if you love beer, have a beer. Just don't have five beers. If your drink of choice is a martini, have a martini. Just don't have seven martinis. And so on and so forth.

It's okay if your macros are off a bit for the day, just don't go over your calories.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I tend to save up calories across the week for a night out ..cut a couple of hundred each day or don't eat back exercise for a few days and you easily have 1000 calories +extra at the weekend

I'm not a big drinker ..but a glass of cava is 99 calories so over a night I can have 3 for 300 calories and intersperse with diet coke / sparkling water

• kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    When I used to drink and diet I'd alternate alcoholic drinks I really liked with soft drinks like diet coke. Half the calories as half the calorific drinks. Still fun though!
  • Hulbert0089
    Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I went out Friday night for a special occasion. Was able to keep under calories by planning ahead. The day after is the tough part. My body feels the need to fire down some Taco Bell and I have to fight those urges all day.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Planning ahead is the best thing for me, usually. I look up the menu for the restaurant and figure out what to order, then log it before even going out. Same for drinks. Then, if I'm over my calories for the day, that tells me what sort of workout I need to do before I go out.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Fast in the morning. Have a high protein, low carb/fat meal (think chicken and veg) before going out. Drink moderately with vodka and calorie free mixers. DON'T EAT WHEN DRUNK.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I went out Friday night for a special occasion. Was able to keep under calories by planning ahead. The day after is the tough part. My body feels the need to fire down some Taco Bell and I have to fight those urges all day.

Ditto with the day after problem.