The Voice

Everyone has one. Some say weight loss is hard. Other say weight loss is easy. They're both right. It's not necessarily difficult. It's a mathematical equation (and math is hard). It's fork put downs and table push backs. It's sacrifice and moderation. It's the eternal struggle. This fight is mental.

The "I just got home from a busy, stressful day and can't possible muster a 30 minute work out "or " I deserve this piece of cake."

Ah, the moral dilemma.

Should one deprive themselves of the tasty treats for the endeavour of fitness and justice or tread down the path of moderation and balance, knowing well thr struggle is very much....real.

I chose the latter. Results may vary
But I'm living proof the voice can be conquered.

I came from the meek, timid shell. I was always bubbly until the ice cold glare of judgment shot me like a bird from the sky. I was never a bird of prey but the small rodent of the field, diving into the first brush to shield me I could.

I am no more.

Whether that was fate or chance. No it was by choice.

The voice was not the deciding factor in my change. I rose above it. Conquered it. Did not let myself submit to the non support or the voices of doubt. I was my own champion. For once in my life I did not look longingly into the eyes of others and wish to be a champion. I chose my fate.

And that has been the greatest moment of my life

Not the 53 lbs of weight loss or the silencing of the voice but the fact that I did what I thought could not be done.

I did not do it by hating myself. Hating myself is what caused my fall into darkness. It is what made me a shell.

Loving myself was freedom.

It is not a measurement or a weight. There is no set point to love.

There just is you.

No matter your health or fitness goal, there needs to be love.

Or the voice will win.

That will to destroy yourself will always conquer if you do not silence it with patience and reasoning. Love and joy.

Do not look at the failure as an end. The ash can always rise to flame once more.

This road is muddy and marred. It is not the cliche beautiful that's painted in magazines and tabloids. Stop listening to those. Listen to the only voice that matters.

The voice in your heart.

That is what matters. When you stand in the mirror. You are lovely /handsome /worthwhile/strong.

Not everyone can do this.

But YOU can

Tell yourself this.

When the night falls and the social media is silent. When there is no more cheering from strangers and family.

Remember who you are and why you started.

Remember that you matter and you're worth every bit of effort.

Even if there are pitfalls and darkness

Rise above.

Be mindful of your health. Even if it a slow movement, remember that there is movement.

Going quickly and burning out is slower than being mindful of your health and moderation at a snails pace.

The end isn't the end

It's the beginning

You are the beginning

2ilkfhj.jpg

Replies

• MrJThomasEsq
    MrJThomasEsq Posts: 141 Member
    Spectacular work sugar!
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Spectacular work sugar!

♡.
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    LOVE this!!! Rise ABOVE that voice! I think losing weight is definitely more of a mental battle than anything else. We can be our own pitfall sometimes. Great job moving past that! You look great!
  • Phoenix_Down
    LOVE this!!! Rise ABOVE that voice! I think losing weight is definitely more of a mental battle than anything else. We can be our own pitfall sometimes. Great job moving past that! You look great!

Thank you so much. ♡
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    <3
  • JamieIveyMahaffey
    JamieIveyMahaffey Posts: 19 Member
    Thanks for that. Good start for my Sat morning.
  • Phoenix_Down
    edited May 2015
    <3
    :p<3
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    That's my girl! You're my craziest, most free-spirited inspiration. <3
  • ATCkate
    ATCkate Posts: 4 Member
    You GO GIRL!!! <3:)
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Wishing there was a like button on the forums. Great post!
  • Phoenix_Down
    That's my girl! You're my craziest, most free-spirited inspiration. <3

Lurve you!!♡
  • Phoenix_Down
    Thanks for that. Good start for my Sat morning.

I hope your weekend has been amazing ♡
  • DrWhoIsYerDad
    DrWhoIsYerDad Posts: 263 Member
    I posted a thread earlier about overcoming temptation to overeat , I didn't get any replies, this post gave me the motivation I was looking for. I looked at your profile, great job , you definitely have the real life experience behind your post !

Thanks
  • Phoenix_Down
    ATCkate wrote: »
    You GO GIRL!!! <3:)

Thank you :smiley:
  • Phoenix_Down
    Azurite27 wrote: »
    Wishing there was a like button on the forums. Great post!

That would be interesting. Thank you so much ♡