Hi guys

Options
Just started using this app, no idea yet how everything works. Do you really manage DAILY your meals, calories usage? and how does it really help you?

Replies

• mls100771
    mls100771 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yes, you manage your daily meals and track calories with this app. It's helpful if you don't have a good idea of if you are eating to many or too few calories. It's also very helpful to adjust your macros according to your goals.
  • AnastasiaLubina
    AnastasiaLubina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I lkind of have a good idea of my calories intake, but i keep forgetting during the day how much consumed and what is left lol, guess this app is a good one for my poor memory, just found a reminder here whoop whoop
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I'm on a Medical Weight Loss diet and drink 2 shakes and eat one snack a day; then I can eat any meal (up to about 550 calories) ... higher if I leave off the snack or if I am planning on going 'out to a restaurant to eat'. Yes, I do use the app for figuring out what I am planning on eating for my meals. I am on a very strict caloric intake number with this diet; but it is based on height, weight, and BMI. Good example of a 550 calorie meal is: 4-5 oz. grilled chicken (boneless); 1 cup or grilled vegetables; Salad (vegetables only) [I cut up my lettuce fine and portion is 2 cups]; 1 medium baking potato; 45 calories added fat (for salad or cooking); one piece of fruit (75 calories). The amount of salad dressing is about 2 Tablespoons full (plenty enough for a salad). You can enter most anything and the site will give you the caloric number. The caloric intake for women (to maintain weight) is between 1000 and 1200; I am on one that is below that and so far, have only gone over 3 times the amount I am supposed to have. Weekends are harder on me because my husband cooks a large breakfast (but quite often I can leave off one shake) and use a couple of fruits instead as a snake in the middle of the afternoon. Learning how to 'read' labels as well. Site also gives you label reading when you enter the food into the diary. I love this site. So happy that my granddaughter told me about it - sure makes it a lot easier to stay within my dietary caloric intake each day. I would strongly suggest buying a food scale; a good set of measuring cups and spoons and measuring portion sizes. You will be surprised at how much portion sizes will help on 'any' diet plan. When I go 'out for a meal' I always cut everything on my plate in half; and eat only 1/2 of it and bring home a 'doggy bag' for a meal the next day. If you like salads - Publix has a good salad made up - Chef's salad and you can have one container. One container is too much for me to eat most of the time. I ate just 2/3rd of it and it was only 380 calories. I drink "Sparkling ICE" colored/flavored water 2 or 3 times a day; good way to get those 8 8-ounces of water a day and it curbs your appetite as well.
  • nicole3dorsey
    nicole3dorsey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes... I track everything on here .. Bc if I don't I will definitely over eat ... I really like this app... Especially the bar code scanner for a quick track of my intake
  • Abe178
    Abe178 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes. Track it all. Everyday. The God, bad and ugly. I find it very helpful to know and be able to see the actual data on what I'm consuming. Really helps inform my meal/ snack decisions (do I need more protein? Where am I with carbs today? Etc...). No quick fixes, but healthy choices overtime will give you results. Also good to integrate a fitness tracker/ step tracker. Commit to it for a month and hopefully you'll really start seeing and feeling the bennefits.
  • AnastasiaLubina
    AnastasiaLubina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for feedback, started to fill in my meals and set reminders B)
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    It really does help to track everything. This app makes it easy. Good luck with your goals