New to this with 13kg to go

Options
Hello, I am new to all this but it seams to be working for so many of you it has to be worth a go.

I am always been very active and not really had to worry to much about what I eat but I had a baby 3 years ago and put on 3 stone during my pregnancy - well the weight gain defiantly wasn't down to pregnancy but Haribo! I did keep up the running during my pregnancy but I obviously ate too many sweeties!

In the last 3 years I have had on off attempts to loose the weight some has come off then I have given up and a bit has gone back on so I am now at the stage where I have 13kgs to loose and it seams like I have started the longest ever marathon! I have had a couple of set backs with a week long stay in hospital last year with pneumonia followed by a complicated miscarriage 6months later.

I do quite a lot of exercise mainly because I enjoy it, I have done 4 marathons in the last 3 years carrying at lot more fat than I should be! I am very lucky to live on the South Coast of England with the sea to the south of the town and the South Downs to the East and North of the town. I love to run on the downs and scuba dive in the sea. BUT I seam to be capable of eating ALL the calories I burn! Logging them on this defiantly seams to be helping so far!

Would love to hear your stories, I really need so inspiration to keep me going on this longest and toughest journey yet!

Replies

• Haddenbauer
    Options
    I had a similar target to you. I would say just make sure youtrack EVERTHING (I do mine on the train, or in bed etc etc), and make sure you eat frequently so you don't get too hungry. You can edit your fat intake goals for the first 2 weeks to help you kick start the process. In just over 60 days I'm now 2/3 of the way there. You CAN do it if you track EVERYTHING!
  • alexfaty
    alexfaty Posts: 61
    Options
    Thank you, I am sort of getting used to this, it really helps that you can put in your own meals makes it quicker, the difficult bit is working out how much of something you eat, I am weighing things at the moment and fast realising that my portion control has been rather excessive for the last 3 years! . I am trying to plan what I am eating as well on it as well which sometimes seams to work and sometimes not!
    Its great to know others are in a similar situation and are Getting there :-)
  • Haddenbauer
    Options
    Yeh I have started to plan what I will eat the next day. It helps withmanaging my specific food intake percentages. I will say though; that despite it being more hassle, I do enjoy it.

Weighing scales alarmed me. I realised that my pasta portions were way to excessive. I just wish I had scales to take with me everywhere. Well that said now I don't jump of my daily planned food it wouldn't be necessary. Another advantage to doing this is that i am saving money. I'm not spending massive daily amounts of money on lunch/snacks
  • alexfaty
    alexfaty Posts: 61
    Options
    Problem is I have 'planned' to get chocolate on my bike ride today - not very healthy! :embarassed: