Over 40!

Options
jillianbic
jillianbic Posts: 17 Member
hello all! I'm returning to this app as I've used it before but never had the community feature & trying to figure out how to add friends! Looking for support for loosing 20-30 lbs & quit bad habits! Keeping my diary open so I'll stay on track. I ride horses, lift weights, & love walking/jogging with my dogs. My downfall is pizza, chocolate & wine!

Replies

• MistyBlue9
    MistyBlue9 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi, sent you a friend request. I'm 43 :)
  • jillianbic
    Options
    Hello there! Thanks for adding me!
  • sarahdayski
    sarahdayski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi im 42, a friend recommended this app and its been great. Think it is harder to lose weight as you get older but ive lost 10lbs in 2 weeks.
  • wmessenger72
    wmessenger72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck! A little harder for us in our 40's. We can do it.
  • RickTheRunner
    RickTheRunner Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That's me!
  • jillianbic
    Options
    Hi all! Thanks for adding me! I'm looking forward to the accountability part of this app! Haha I usually do great all day but since the winter & moving I started a bad habit of eating dinner late, & drinking wine before bed! Tracking calories has really opened my eyes so far! I was shocked when I added in my Chipotle yesterday!
  • Bennysammysofie39
    Bennysammysofie39 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is a bunch of calories...but oh so good!!!!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The quick way to add friends is to put a boob or azz shot up it seems. I'll be 46 in a couple moons. Good luck on your journey...
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I am only 39. Lol. And glad to see that calorie tracking opened your eyes too. I know it did for me
  • jillianbic
    Options
    I tend to go in spurts. All or nothing with clean eating! I've had personal trainers, love running & being active but I know the diet is 90% for me!
  • bustedup
    bustedup Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Right there with everyone. I am newish (new account, previous user) and am looking got friends too.
  • buffveganme
    buffveganme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi

Take a look at my profile if you'd like to - I am fairly low weight but 'struggle' with food. I love food - I do eat lots but it's mainly vegan-raw-vegetarian-type, so I can eat a substantial amnt. of food, but the calories just aren't there...diary is open now - something that I was always embarrassed to do before. There's no use in hiding it though...

I like the weight that I'm at - Have lost a lot of 'life' along the way because of this addiction to maintaining this lifestyle. ie: my employer has 'told' me I 'HAVE' to go on sick leave due to my health - my doctor wants me to go back to the ED program, etc.,

It's not all 'doom' and 'gloom' though -I actually love how I live and eat. I generally feel pretty healthy and good - we all have our days though! I love talking to others about their journey and will try to be as supportive a friend as I can.
  • jillianbic
    Options
    Glad to see everyone in our 40's or close to it!!! We need to stick together to encourage & build each other up! As we all know by now, life comes with challenges but I'm happy to have the wisdom to face them head on!

If you have specific health goals feel free to share and what you're doing to accomplish them!

I'm currently working on creating healthier habits, by saying no to my teen son & husband's junk food (pizza, chips, fast food etc) everyday, & cutting back on my love for organic wine, & craft brews! I'm also increasing my cardio and strength training intensity and frequency. My diary is open so feel free to comment. I'm keeping it real and try to log food as closely to what I'm eating. Happy logging!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Over 40! Almost on the downward hill to 50!! I'll be 46 in September ~ also needing (ahem, wanting) to loose 20 - 30 ~ friend request sent!

Anyone else feel free to add also :)
  • jillianbic
    Options
    Glad to add you! We can do it!!!!!
  • decenag
    decenag Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! 41 here!
  • I_Sparkle
    I_Sparkle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! 42 and excited to start making time for myself. I used to be able to lose weight pretty much just with diet but things have changed! Need some friends here to share ideas with please
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 44 and have been putting off losing weight for years. I've lost 10lb so far, 18lb to go til I reach my intermediate goal and decide whether I'm happy with that. I've only been at it for about 5 wks, I like the accountability of the app so I leave my diary open for anyone to view, I really think that helps me.

I would like more friends so please add me
  • jillianbic
    Options
    Great progress!
  • lozinit
    lozinit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Clarewho wrote: »
    Hi I'm 44 and have been putting off losing weight for years. I've lost 10lb so far, 18lb to go til I reach my intermediate goal and decide whether I'm happy with that. I've only been at it for about 5 wks, I like the accountability of the app so I leave my diary open for anyone to view, I really think that helps me.

I would like more friends so please add me