Gaining weight on budget

Options
I dont understant why I dont gain weight....recommend me some cheap dirts which really work....and share some tips please....

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Nut butters, avocado, cheese, full fat milk and dairy, cottage cheese, extra servings of sandwiches, cereal, etc, larger portions of meat, good fats/oils.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I dont understant why I dont gain weight....recommend me some cheap dirts which really work....and share some tips please....

You don't gain weight because you're not eating over your TDEE.

Cheap, fatty meats like pork shoulder, 20% fat mince, etc are often on special offer (at least in the UK) and provide a massive bang for your buck (and are delicious too). Buy enough that you can batch cook stuff and divide it up - or else you'll be cooking all day every day.

A good tip is to schedule a non-workout day as a food shopping, prepping and cooking day. Get all your stuff in bulk on special offer, cook big batches of it, portion it up and have decent, home cooked, cheap, calorific food all week long.
  • mrsperreault2001
    mrsperreault2001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :)
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oats, potatoes, pasta, rice, cereal, nuts, keep your carbs high and the weight will come :smile:
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Buy in bulk.

I get through 10kg chicken a week, 1.5kg beef, 50 eggs, 560g hydro whey and have to buy in bulk to make it affordable. Carbs I use even more - silly amounts. So I buy in 10kg packs to bring the cost right down.

Use a local butcher. Find a local indian shop with rice on offer, same for oats etc.

If you are clever, it can be done and done without breaking the bank.