Do i have to drink Shakeology to get results?

Options
Do i have to drink Shakeology with turbo jam, shaun t, etc to get results?
just doing the exercises won't help me losing weight?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    No. You don't even have to exercise. You just have to eat less than you burn.

Exercise is for fitness and health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    No, you don't need supplements or special shakes or anything.

Calorie deficit is how you lose weight. Set up MFP, eat the number of calories it tells you to. Log consistently and carefully (ideally using a food scale). If you exercise, log it and eat back maybe 50% of what MFP gives you from burns (to start, in case the burn is an overestimate).
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    At $4.33 / shake, the only weight you will be losing with Shakeology will be from your wallet.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not.

Calorie deficit for weight loss.
    Exercise for fitness.

Shakeology is a scam. Save your money
  • Lizrobin3108
    Lizrobin3108 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I find beachbody coaches to be very pushy and misinformed about weight loss. They are not trained Nutritionist or Dietitians. Their goal is to sell you a product. I think of them the same way I do of Mary Kay representatives. Nice people but I can get the same kind of product myself at the store for much cheaper. Plus the store doesn't call me every month.

If you're interested in shakes, make your own.
  • Cassandra20155
    Cassandra20155 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    so, can i just do the exercises and i will get the same results as if i were drinking this shake?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    so, can i just do the exercises and i will get the same results as if i were drinking this shake?

Yes, probably better AS LONG AS you're properly tracking and staying in a deficit.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options

If your goals are fat loss, make sure you're logging accurately and losing weight at a sustainable pace (most people that's about 1 lb per week loss).

Like others have said, the shakes arent magic. All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit.

Exercise is good for the cardiovascular system and overall health.
  • Lizrobin3108
    Lizrobin3108 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

No, you still need a calorie deficit. MyFitnessPal will help you with that. Exercise is great but exercise cant help you lose weight if youre overeating.
  • Cassandra20155
    edited May 2015
    Options
    thank you guys for your answers.

lizholloway1003, yes of course diet is important too :)
    if i didn't mention about diet, it doesn't mean i don't know that nutrition plays an important role in losing weight.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    WNYEj9G.gif
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    At $4.33 / shake, the only weight you will be losing with Shakeology will be from your wallet.

An excellent wallet diet!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

But that's cheaper than a fancy coffee drink from Starbucks! Think of all of the money you will be saving by drinking this instead of Starbucks!

(Coach logic)

• Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yes. That's the only way human on earth is able to lose weight. Start gulping down shake after shake from shakeology every day. The more shakes you have each day, the faster the felt just literally falls off your body (Really!)
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    No you don't need to.
    Just have a calorie deficit. If you find shakes work with your lifestyle use them. If they don't, don't.
  • Cassandra20155
    Options
    Spyer116 wrote: »
    Yes. That's the only way human on earth is able to lose weight. Start gulping down shake after shake from shakeology every day. The more shakes you have each day, the faster the felt just literally falls off your body (Really!)

stop being sarcastic
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    You don't HAVE to drink Shakeology, no. But if you can afford it, it to me was the best tasting of the protein powders that I've tried. As much as people are putting it down, I will say it's a great tool, just like any other weight loss product. It's great for a meal on the go, and does fill you up. But it's not magic, it's not needed to see results. almost Every workout on the market has a recommended diet plan with it for "optimum results" but do you HAVE to follow the diet plan, of course not. So if you like the shakeology, plexus, or any of those other shakes/drinks go for it, if you don't or don't have the money then focus on what you do like and what you can afford.