HELP: I'm craving lemon squares

Options
joeycole1
joeycole1 Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I have been doing very well with my diet, and already lost over 6 pounds. However, all day I have had an uncanny craving for lemon squares. I can't stop looking at pictures of them. Something about the tangy soft texture of them is so appealing to me. PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    err have one or two then but fit them into your calorie allowance. Eat in moderation, if you need extra then go and exercise.
  • Tigger422RM
    Tigger422RM Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well, not so helpful, but now I'm craving lemon squares too! I'd say if you really want one and can fit it into your calories, buy 1. Just one, or get more but give them away or put them somewhere you can't get at. That way you can fulfill the craving and stay on track :) Unless you're never planning on eating a lemon square again in your life, you don't have to completely cut them out right now either.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Fit one into your calorie allotment. Go out for a long walk to burn off those extra calories. It's all about finding a balance that works for you.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    This is so weird. I just pulled out a pan out of the oven. I had a fresh lemon and decided to make them just a few hours ago...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Man do I love lemon squares! Why are they so good?!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Why not make some of the lower calorie versions?
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I actually crave them too once inawhile. Not the exact same but fiber one makes a 90 calorie snack bar version.
  • LBeet
    LBeet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's probably best to just have a small portion of one and move on, but if this is a recurring craving you could try those lemon meringue snack pack pudding cups. 120 calories. They're delicious.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    joeycole1 wrote: »
    I have been doing very well with my diet, and already lost over 6 pounds. However, all day I have had an uncanny craving for lemon squares. I can't stop looking at pictures of them. Something about the tangy soft texture of them is so appealing to me. PLEASE HELP!

Do you have friends you can hand most of the pan to? I have done this with brownies. I don't want a lower-cal version and I cannot have them in the house.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I'd say have one of the real thing, but a Fiber One lemon bar might do in a pinch.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Mmmm now I wish I had the ingredients to make lemon anything!
  • frenchtoastkarma
    frenchtoastkarma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I really like these:

pmx-123200.png
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... I just made some today. The hubs really likes them. I don't think I'd ever have a craving for them. I mean, they aren't bad, but I'm a chocoholic. :)
  • BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Fibre 1 has a nice lemon bar thats 110 cals im pretty sure
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Fibre 1 has a nice lemon bar thats 110 cals im pretty sure

That's not even close to being a lemon bar.
  • BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Lol!
  • Islandgirl52
    Islandgirl52 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Lemon squares are the best.!!!
  • maggieeric1
    maggieeric1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    For me... When I have any amount of sweets the craving takes over. There's no fitting it in. It blows the day and sometimes the week. Just to be honest. If you are like me (there is no balance with a sugar addiction)... Maybe try a lemon lara bar or lemon pie or lime pie yogurt. Something lemony but on my plan. You don't need it and neither do your friends need a "gift" of a pan of them. Stay with your plan and you'll be fine. Maybe someone has a protein Shake recipe that tastes like a lemon square?

To others. Enjoy that small bite of treat that fits with in your day. :-)