Severely overweight and needing to change

Options
jlolsen516
jlolsen516 Posts: 18 Member
Hello All!
I'm a 32 year old mother of six children, and have had a weight problem all of my adult life. I put on some weight with each child and failed to lose it. I have had a wake up call with watching my Mom's health decline, and seeing that I am on the road to follow her if I don't change my ways now. She is currently confined to a bed with a trache and a ventilator because her lungs can no longer support how large her body is. I don't want this to be me! I started cutting all junk food out of my diet and waiting until l actually feel hungry to eat, and exercising every day, and I've lost 10 lbs my first week. I know this is great, and it will slow down of course, but I'm hoping to keep at it this time. I've tried losing weight in the past and gave up on it, but I have real motivation this time. I'm also quite upset that I used a BMI calculator and found out that I am not just obese, but morbidly obese. Anybody looking for friends that can support each other, send me a friend request! Especially women looking to lose a large amount of weight!
Thanks!

Replies

• sarahdayski
    sarahdayski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have been the same with my kids, ive now struggled with my weight for over 20yrs, i have around 5 stone to lose to get to where i want to. Feel free to add me.
  • teninten
    teninten Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can add me...looking to release 140 pounds...but first just 20..