Motivation

Options
bey02
bey02 Posts: 22 Member
I need some inspiration today! Currently 2weeks in and 9lb down still have 191lb to go! Love reading all the success stories and love knowing I'm not the only one that has to loose this much weight!

Replies

• thewizard59
    thewizard59 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bey02 one day at a time. I does get easier and your friends will get on board and support you more and more ;)

• bey02
    Options
    Bey02 one day at a time. I does get easier and your friends will get on board and support you more and more ;)

Thanks just wish I could fast forward to being thin lol
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Lets not kid ourselves here. Not all your friends will be on board if they themselves aren't making a lifestyle change. It will feel good when they notice but sometimes they will have a way of picking at your choices. It really only matters how you feel about yourself in the end though.

What I can tell you OP is just to remind yourself everyday what it is you want for yourself. Find a way to enjoy the journey to a better, healthier lifestyle. Get out of your comfort zone and do things you would of never imagined doing before. Be proud of anything you might accomplish and learn how to love yourself in the process.
  • cedar777
    cedar777 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When you are down try to think of your happiness events and focus on them you will forget mostly the thing that were bugging you.. Most of us have weight that needs to come and every one needs motiving. So don't give up on yourself the rewards are ten fold. Also all your friends are there to help you. Good Luck!!!!!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Well...not sure how motivating this is...but I have suffered chronic illness the past year and am totally sedentary (actually less than that). I am going low calorie (1200 ish) and slow as I can't feasibly increase my activity. But, no worries. The weight has slowly come off, a little less than a pound a week average since I started in January. If I keep it up, I should be at goal weight by December. Some lose fast, some go slow. I just thought I would represent the portion that is gently plodding along at my own pace while others whiz by. It is not a competition. This week my bp is back to 111/70 and my cholesterol is back to normal. Please don't feel the pressure to lose super quickly and torture yourself in the process. My profile pic was at 183 Jan 1st, then today at 165 ish. Healthy eating, minimal activity. It CAN be done :)
  • randipinc
    randipinc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started in January as well. Stick with it Y'all!!! I have lost 34 pounds and have 20 more to go. I havent felt this good in 5 years. 5 years ago i was at 128 pounds but then manapause hit. I went up to a huge 187 pounds. I changed my lifestyle and i have learned healthy habits. The goal is health and the weight loss is just a wonderful result of that. Good luck everyone. you are not alone :-)
  • bey02
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your motivation!!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Um first of all. You are GORGEOUS! I would say create mini goals. I just passed mine today. I was dreaming about being under 210 and hit 209 today. I did a little happy dance and got excited about my next goal.
  • bey02
    Options
    erojoy wrote: »
    Um first of all. You are GORGEOUS! I would say create mini goals. I just passed mine today. I was dreaming about being under 210 and hit 209 today. I did a little happy dance and got excited about my next goal.

Thank you! Yeah think my first on is to get under 230 thanks for that and well done!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! I agree, set yourself small realistic goals. As you pass each one your confidence grows, you start to notice the differences and you feel better. We are here for you and each other.
    I'm pretty new still and have 50 more pounds to lose. What I have found is that there are some people (friends/coworkers etc)who will try to discourage you(intentionally? I'm not sure) but don't let them. I come here with any questions or vents because I know I'll get a straight honest answer and/or support. So, use it. I find the support priceless.
    Remember, you CAN do it!!
  • bey02
    Options
    You can do this!! I agree, set yourself small realistic goals. As you pass each one your confidence grows, you start to notice the differences and you feel better. We are here for you and each other.
    I'm pretty new still and have 50 more pounds to lose. What I have found is that there are some people (friends/coworkers etc)who will try to discourage you(intentionally? I'm not sure) but don't let them. I come here with any questions or vents because I know I'll get a straight honest answer and/or support. So, use it. I find the support priceless.
    Remember, you CAN do it!!

From people that haven't lost weight or need to loose weight when they say well done or anything like that I find it patronising I know they don't mean it like that but I just feel like they are thinking well done for finally doing something you should of done along time ago and you shouldn't even be that fat lol! I only believe well done or congrats on here lol!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!