3 month vegan weight loss!! Help appreciated!!

Options
I plan to lose 20 lbs in the next three months or by August 22. (When my college starts again) is this doable? I'm 5'6 19 years old and plan to eat a vegan based diet consisting between 1,000-1,400 calories and exercising 5 days a week doing cardio and strength training for 30-60 minutes 5-6 days a week. Do you think my plan is good and doable? A sample of my menu would be:

Breakfest
Green smoothie or oatmeal with fruit

Snack:
Coffee with soy creamer

Lunch
Salad

Snack:
Fruit or Lite caramel coffee with almond milk

Dinner:
Sweet potato (or rice) with veggies

Snack:
Nice cream (2 bananas)
Oatmeal with fruit

Replies

• opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I am a vegetarian, not a vegan. I can't see much protein here. Could you also have red lentil soup (very nice and easy to make) and some tofu or similar, perhaps. Also, how are you going to do strength and cardio on this diet with that amount of calories? I am no expert at all, but no doubt someone who is will come along and tell you if I'm dead wrong. Good luck.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you need to eat more than that. Where is the protein? - the sample menu would have protein extremely low as well as fats.

Why are you wanting to go vegan (no issues with vegans btw - its just something that should not be done just for weight loss though).
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    You should plan to eat above 1200 calories everyday, especially if exercising. I did 1350 when starting my weight loss, and I'm only 5'3". You are missing out on a lot of protein and fats in your sample menu. Try adding some coconut oil or nut butter to smoothies, olive oil to salads, beans/tofu/lentils to dinner, seeds and nuts as snacks or on your salads and oatmeal. You could even use soymilk instead of soy creamer/almond milk in coffee for extra protein.
  • PhDinMeFit
    PhDinMeFit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for more my fitness al friends and you guys have good food advice so friend me! Today is my 48th day log in! Yay! Go me!