5' - 5'2" success stories?

Options

Replies

• joslin1980
    joslin1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and currently at 132. After having my 3rd baby in January 2015 i had a lot of weight to lose. On the day I went into labor I was 180. I'm a runner so being active is part of my life but finding the time isn't always easy. Pre baby I was usually between 105-110. I am looking to get close to that again. I am loving this app and can't believe how helpful it is. I don't have any pics of me currently but here is what I looked like around 110.
  • Kristyai3
    Kristyai3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot. I have lost 67lbs since June. My starting weight was 210. Current weight is 143. 18lbs to goal. I don't have any pictures on here, but my profile pic is recent.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    tikka29 wrote: »
    I am 5ft 2 and have lost 103 lbs, I went from a size 24 and am now a 10-12, I never imagined I would get to this and gave myself small goals along the way, clothes was more an inspiration than the scales, i would buy a new size smaller jeans and top, normally from a charity shop, in case I never fitted into them, I threw my sclaes9o6un2hpm9mp.jpg
    away qmj0uf67zt4l.jpg
    them away and weighed in once a weeks at the chemist. I introduced exercise by walking and getting a Fitbit, now I enjoy workouts. I realise now it's a life journey and not just to reach a goal weight. I still have a bit to lose, and tone up, but my kids now have a more active and happier mum x I hope I can help someone get to goal x

WoW! Thank you for the inspiration.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    All you ladies are doing wonderful. Thank you for inspiring me.
    My journey so far, I have almost reached my 20lb loss and plan to loose another 25 pounds. :smiley:
    Starting weight 200
    current weight 181
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16lb since February. I'm 5'1". Currently 10stone (140lb). I'm not where I want to be yet but these pictures show the difference it's made to my body shape and face already. I look like a dumpy barrel in the one on the left!!

jzdpxqk29jce.jpg
  • ashrinkingqueen
    ashrinkingqueen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    h9h6wknqa6dz.jpg

I'm 5'2". SW: 301.4 CW: 269.8

Still have another 119 pounds till goal, but progress! :)
  • sarahgemini
    sarahgemini Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft 11 inches and now 144lb having lost 22 lb since January 13th 2015. Lightest I've been for along time, so much easier reading your success stories to keep motivated. Thankyou and well done.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", currently down 91.4 lbs. My goal is to be "normal weight" which would be 136 lbs. I'd like to go lower, to see if I can get to 124 lbs so I'd have both a buffer and bragging rights that I lost half my body weight. Not sure if I can go that low, but we'll see what happens. Don't miss the 39% of me that left my body :smiley:
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    5'1", 62 pounds lost. From size 16 (probably pushing 18 at times) and 2XL to mediums and 8-10 petite.
  • TAMMY7173
    TAMMY7173 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot and started weighing in at 215. I currently weigh 164. I went from a 20 to a 14. I went from 18/20 in shirts to a medium! I need to get to 153 just to be overweight catagory. I think 128 would be normal weight. I just want to reach the 153 for now. It is slowing down a lot right now. I have only lost 1 pound in three weeks. I will never go back to what I was. I have taken a lot of before and inbetween pics. I'm waiting to get to 128 to post them all.
  • Michele_Rg
    Michele_Rg Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Cladf!
    I have lost about 50 lbs, I am 5"2. Last 2 months I have gained and lost the same 5 lbs. Went from size 15 to 5-7. I am not looking for a specific number on the scale now, just want to be healthy and lean. I have a long way to go, but I see the finish line! You can do it, just take it one day at a time. Keep that motivation and you will accomplish anything you want!
  • Cladf
    Cladf Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    All these stories are amazing - thank you all so much for the inspiration! Go all us shorties :smiley:
    TAMMY7173 wrote: »
    I am 5 foot and started weighing in at 215. I currently weigh 164. I went from a 20 to a 14. I went from 18/20 in shirts to a medium! I need to get to 153 just to be overweight catagory. I think 128 would be normal weight. I just want to reach the 153 for now. It is slowing down a lot right now. I have only lost 1 pound in three weeks. I will never go back to what I was. I have taken a lot of before and inbetween pics. I'm waiting to get to 128 to post them all.

Tammy - you have the EXACT same end goal as me. I started at 203, I want to be 128 by the end too. Sounds like our stats are SO similar! Feel free to friend me if you like?
  • Cladf
    Cladf Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Michele_Rg wrote: »
    Hi Cladf!
    I have lost about 50 lbs, I am 5"2. Last 2 months I have gained and lost the same 5 lbs. Went from size 15 to 5-7. I am not looking for a specific number on the scale now, just want to be healthy and lean. I have a long way to go, but I see the finish line! You can do it, just take it one day at a time. Keep that motivation and you will accomplish anything you want!

Looks like you've made some awesome progress! And thanks for the tips...just need to get my motivation head on now!
  • BecomeBetterThanMyYesterMe
    BecomeBetterThanMyYesterMe Posts: 114 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Bumping!
  • caityponn
    caityponn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started but I am 5'0". I am around 140 right now and it's tough losing weight being so short. Hopefully I'll have some hot pictures when I'm around 110, like I was before college...
  • jcook0716
    jcook0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1, 29 years old. Started 3/2 @199lbs. Current weight is 173. Looking to get to around 130. Gone from a size 13/15 to a 9. Im very top heavy (apple shaped) and havent gone down im shirt size yet although things fit better. Ive been breaking it into mini goals, my first goal was 20 lbs, next is 30lbs... Then i will focus on my actual goal weight. Woot! Go girls lets do this!
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". (I'm probably really 5'1"... but I'm sticking with the former height.). I'm down 34.4 lbs, started at 219 - currently 184.6.oeod4w3rn7g5.jpg
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    43lbs lost, pics on my profile
    <----
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    brynnsmom wrote: »
    Hello, I'm 5'2". Cannot, for some reason, get pictures to post but you could view the ones in my profile. They are all of me at my current weight, about 107.

I've maintained my current weight for going on 5 years. At my heaviest I was around 140-145. The last time I had to lose weight was post-pregnancy in 2011. That's when I found MFP, started logging food and exercise everyday, and the rest is history. I still use MFP in maintenance as I did while I was losing.

Good luck, ladies!

I am getting close to my goal. W
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!