How to make vegetable smoothie...HELP !

Options
anniemink
anniemink Posts: 18 Member
How to make vegetable smoothie?
I live in India so please suggest some easily available veggies.
I hate vegetables so I just want to gulp it down ASAP :(

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why not eat food you like and take a multi vitamin?
  • anniemink
    Options
    Multivitamins are fine but it's always best to get them from food.
    Safer I think so.
  • sclause
    sclause Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies with spinach, it has the most mild flavor in smoothies, kale is just too strong tasting. I do whatever fruits I have in the house and a couple big handfuls of spinach, and water.
  • sufields652015
    sufields652015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fruit is great to add to veggie smoothies. Try also adding spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, etc. They can boost flavor without adding calories and have other health bennefis as well. Cilantro and parsely are also good add-ons. Switching your liquid base also changes up the flavor.

• anniemink
    Options
    Wow...thanks :)
  • Zed_cob
    Zed_cob Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't like vegetables and I have a sweet tooth. Every morning my breakfast is a smoothie and I like it. Not knowing what you have available I hope this may help. 4 cups spinach, 1 cup strawberries or blue berries or banana or combination thereof, 1 cup almond milk, 1-2 cups water, 1 scoop whey protein powder, 1 teaspoon coconut oil, and ice. It is important to have half veg and half fruit and cold to make it drinkable. It took me a few days to get used to it and now I love them. I am also a big eater so I will have a boiled egg along side drinking the smoothie. I will last until lunch.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I mix kale or spinach or both, some berries, some flax seeds, hemp hearts, and soy milk. Sometimes I add avocado. Sometimes I add tofu. I add ginger and turmeric as well. YUM.
  • e4nin
    e4nin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually add Chia seeds, half a banana, 2 cups of spinach, a carrot and a kiwi :)
    It makes a nice green colour too:3
    If you want, you can add half a cup of blueberries or instead of bluberries, you can add half a cup of strawberries. For the liquid, add 230ml of water or coconut milk. (Alpo's brand) or you could add 115ml of water and 115ml of coconut milk
  • anniemink
    Options
    Berries are not easily available in India...
    too expensive as well :(

Spinach whey protein banana soya milk coconut oil flaxseeds sounds good !
  • Zed_cob
    Zed_cob Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the berries. I have also used clementine oranges, and pineapple and liked them very much. If you use oranges be sure to remove as much as the white stuff as possible. Truly any sweet juicy fruit will due that you like. The key is: what you like. So try combinations until you find what you like. I had several failures. Now I know what I like. What I like is not what all others like. Some people will drink anything that is healthy. I wont. If it tastes gross I wont drink it. I prefer to drink my veggies in a smoothie rather than a salad.
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I use kale or spinach, parsley, also avocado, grapes, orange, turmeric, wheat grass, chia seeds. I'm adding whatever I have at home, everytime it's different. But I always use kale or spinach. You need to add 40% of fruits. And of course water.