Apple Watch vs Fitbit Surge

Options
wolf39us
wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
So I'm wondering if I should try out the Apple Watch and return my Fitbit Surge. I'm mostly thinking that the $250 that I spent on the Surge will not be something that I'll be able to resell like I would with the watch (plus the watch does a whole lot more). Any thoughts?

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    while neither product is really my cup of tea (i don't do well with wrist wear), i would think maybe the $100 difference in devices would be worth the extra stuff the Apple Watch can do.

I love my fitbit one, but it was $79 and just a compliment device with not many bells and whistles.
  • wolf39us
    wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    other option is to downgrade to the Charge HR and wait a couple of releases of the watch and buy it in a couple years.
  • ArmyVet92
    ArmyVet92 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I went from the Fitbit Surge to the Fitbit Charge HR because the Surge didn't fit on my wrist right. I replaced my Charge with the 38mm Apple Watch Sport and do not regret my decision in the slightest! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my watch!
  • ElyMaeOR
    ElyMaeOR Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You aren't having any issues with your apple watch? I have the charge hr and I was thinking of upgrading to the apple watch but I was worried with it being the first release that it would be glitchy.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing the 38mm sports grey with black band apple watch for two weeks now. My husband wears a Surge. I just need an activity monitor to count steps, make sure I stand enough, and calculate my calorie burn. I like the heart rate monitor feature in the apple watch. I also like that I can keep my iPhone in my purse and see in a glance if I have a phone call I need to take or a text I need to respond to. If you are a runner and want the GPS thing, you have to still carry your iPhone. If you google "compare wearable fitness monitors" you can see a lot of comparisons of many different wearables. If you are interested in the apple watch, I HIGHLY recommend going to the apple store to try them on. And heck, it's nice to have Micky Mouse on my watch face again.