Any Quiet Fitness DVD Recommendations?

Options
Hello,

I really want to get back on track with some regular exercise but I am currently renting a room in quite an old house with creaky floorboards and a not-so-tolerant landlady who is in most of the time.

I like to get my cardio in with running and swimming so that's not a problem, but in the past I have really enjoyed doing programs like Jillian Michaels Body Revolution to get some strength training in a few times a week. However where I live at the moment even jogging on the spot for 30 seconds feels like I am going to bring the ceiling down!

Most of the DVDs I look at seem to have cardio intervals mixed in, which is just not an option for me, and I have done Jillian's No More Trouble Zones and Bob Harper's Super Strength (which are non-cardio) to death! I would like to do Chalean Extreme in the future but currently can't afford to buy heavier weights. Also my disk drive is broken, so something available to stream/download would be best.

I'd appreciate any suggestions about how to get some strength training in. I do like to follow a programme, and am not adverse to going to the gym, but I don't think I have the courage to go in the weight room ( the gym near me is linked to the university and is full of young guys every hour of the day!).

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Please don't allow the presence of these young people to deter you from using all of the resources at your gym. These people are very focused on their own program, and you focus on yours. When I started at the gym, I was floored when the people in there treated me with respect and were very helpful. Back about 10 -15 years ago, gyms were glorified pick up spots, and I got a lot of scowls and sneers from those young bucks looking for babes, instead of focusing on their own programs. It is very different today and that kind of stuff is no longer tolerable in the new establishments. I hope you take this to heart and go for it. Just focus on ignoring the other people and do your thang.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    There's always yoga. You can do some googling and look up strength moves. Or get yourself some free weights. Plenty of options for strength training that don't involve jumping up and down angering your landlord. It just use what you'd learned from your videos so far and put together your own program that skips the bouncy stuff
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your responses.

The main reason I am specifically looking for a 'programme' to follow is because I am pretty busy and stressed at the moment and just want something I can press play on a few times a week, rather than thinking too hard about it all. Just looking for something to avoid losing muscle rather than fat while eating at a deficit.

flamingblades - thank you for your motivation and encouragement, I do intend to take on the weight room one day, I just don't have time to educate myself properly at the moment so I can stride in confident and avoid injuring myself!
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender has a bunch of videos for free in their website and many of them are strength training based. I really enjoy those videos.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walking workouts are pretty quiet, they also incorporate hand weights so it's not just cardio. You could do Jillian Michaels still, just skip the jumping jacks and jump rope parts which would be loud on the floor.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Power yoga for happiness.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YGYQb_UPPkk

I personally haven't tried it yet, but it looked good when I book marked it.
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    susanmc31 wrote: »
    Fitness blender has a bunch of videos for free in their website and many of them are strength training based. I really enjoy those videos.

Yes! I love those. I prefer those to any I have bought in the past. B)
  • FrozenNotes
    FrozenNotes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    DDP Yoga