Ramadan help/diet

Options

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    It makes me bloat I can look pregnant :D capt Apollo

i like how you can find a problem for every solution.
  • salema_m_uddin
    salema_m_uddin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    No I'm just saying lol
  • UnknownAX0
    UnknownAX0 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We r all in the same boat otherwise u wouldn't b on my fitness pal.

I didn't mean to be rude. I'm sorry if it sounded that way
  • salema_m_uddin
    Options
    That's cool ;)
  • salema_m_uddin
    Options
    U don't need to sound rude darling just cos u got PhD in this we r all not highly educated in diet n fitness like u r. Intermitten fasting isn't the same as doing it one month solid I have done Ramadan all my life please don't tell me what I'm saying is wrong

But yes I've found that when I've tasted all day than break the fast I bloat could b air, water or food n I don't loose weight that's y I'm asking help n advice
  • salema_m_uddin
    Options
    Dear all please reply if ur going to b polite bout it or don't at all. I don't need someone telling me off or been patronising just cos u know bout diet n exercise at the end of the day we r all on this cos we have goals so we should support each over n advice instead of feeling like been told off cos u said or asked something
  • salema_m_uddin
    Options
    Thank u
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Dear all please reply if ur going to b polite bout it or don't at all. I don't need someone telling me off or been patronising just cos u know bout diet n exercise at the end of the day we r all on this cos we have goals so we should support each over n advice instead of feeling like been told off cos u said or asked something

you should try not being so sensitive.
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm not a muslim but I love Indian and Arab cuisine. I bake samosas instead of deep fyring them, I cook homemade chapatis with only a teaspoon of olive oil (there's a Youtube video "Soft Chapatis with No oil"), I have rice pudding with rose water essence or fruit, etc. For example, if you are cooking rasmalai, use skimmed milk and natural sweeteners instead of full fat milk and sugar. Look for healthy alternatives and try to grill or bake instead of deep fry. Every time to eat, fill 1/3 of veggies, 1/3 legumes and 1/3 healthy options of traditional Indian food of your plate.
  • mmnv79
    Options
    I Googled it and there are lots of healthy Indian food options:
    • Sambar dal. One serving includes approximately 50 calories, 2.6gms carbohydrates, 15.0gms protein, and 1.8gms fat.
    • Tandoori chicken marinated with yogurth. One entire leg piece includes approximately 260 calories, 13.0gms fat, 5.0gms carbohydrates and 30.5gms protein.
    • Rajma. One serving of 114gms cup consists of approximately 120 calories and 5gms proteins.
    • Hara bhara kabab (vegetarian kabab). Per serving includes approximately 73 calories and 2gms protein.
    • Arhar dal. The nutritional content of one serving is approximately 53 calories, 1.2gms fat, 8.0gms carbs, and 2.8gms protein.
    • Bhindi ki subji. Servings of 50gms consists of approximately 80 calories and 5gms protein.
    • Sol kadhi. One glass consists of 138 calories.
  • salema_m_uddin
    Options
    Thanks so much
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone
    I need help and advice so Ramadan is coming so between sunset n sunrise I can't eat. So when I do break the fast there will b dishes of rice and fattening food such as samosa n pilau rice so mainLy carbs.

Can anyone suggest how I can still b healthy n eat stuff n not bloat as I have done before. I have lost 1/2 a stone I don't wanna gain weight n bloat n still exercise

Thank u for reading please reply xx

I know it's hard when you're visiting family during Iftar and they are all lovingly putting more food on your plate. It's easy to gain weight and I don't think I've had a Ramadan go by without gaining at least a couple of pounds. I don't know about Pakistani / Indian food, but if yogurt is part of your meals I'd put more of that as well as vegetables on your plate. Low fat yogurt (esp Greek yogurt) has lots of protein in it, protein will help u feel full longer and better satiated.
  • salema_m_uddin
    Options
    It's true darling. If someone ask a question y can't people b just polite no need for arrogance I know it all attitude
  • salema_m_uddin
    Options
    Also people need to understand that weight loss isn't something easy people have struggled for years if it was easy the entire world would b skinny
  • mmnv79
    Options
    Speak with your family and let them know how do you feel. I'm sure they will support you.
    Be strong! :)
  • salema_m_uddin
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    Hey everyone
    I need help and advice so Ramadan is coming so between sunset n sunrise I can't eat. So when I do break the fast there will b dishes of rice and fattening food such as samosa n pilau rice so mainLy carbs.

Can anyone suggest how I can still b healthy n eat stuff n not bloat as I have done before. I have lost 1/2 a stone I don't wanna gain weight n bloat n still exercise

Thank u for reading please reply xx

I know it's hard when you're visiting family during Iftar and they are all lovingly putting more food on your plate. It's easy to gain weight and I don't think I've had a Ramadan go by without gaining at least a couple of pounds. I don't know about Pakistani / Indian food, but if yogurt is part of your meals I'd put more of that as well as vegetables on your plate. Low fat yogurt (esp Greek yogurt) has lots of protein in it, protein will help u feel full longer and better satiated.

• salema_m_uddin
    Options
    Thank u so much
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    WNYEj9G.gif
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Ramadan can be a challenging time when you're watching your weight and most of the iftar recipes are high calorie and high carb -which is understandable as it's the only meal of the day aside from the morning breakfast.

You can try to break your fast and start with a soup and some fruit - its good for your body as after a day's fast your body will be shocked from the fattening high carb/calorie foods. It can be a meat-based soup so you get proper proteins. Carbs are still important but you want to make sure they are properly portioned and not ladened with fats and oils. Maybe you can try to incorporate plain chapatis cooked without oil and/or boiled rice (max 1 cup = 200 cal).

Since iftar is considered a 'family event' you can always try to ask the person cooking to make a soupy dish for you. Maybe try a light dhal dish, or a spinach and rice soup type dish which is really good for your health. If you tell your family that you're watching your weight maybe they will try to be supportive of your goals and even cook some light dishes for you.
  • salema_m_uddin
    Options
    Thank u very much faith yang