Memorial day Picnics ... oh my

Options
Anyone ave suggestions to keep the eating down when you get invited to a picnic. My brother is making roasted leg of lamb on the grill and other assorted picnic foods. HELP. I don't want to be rude.

Replies

• pmg2000m
    pmg2000m Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I try to bring a tray of veggies & hummus (or fruit salad), if you're able to contribute additional food without offending. Otherwise, I just try to stick with the meat and veggies/salad, and only have a taste of something like pasta salad. Nothing wrong with enjoying some nice leg of lamb :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I work out a little more and create a larger weekly deficit so I can splurge for big events.

I also pre-log the day, and plan the rest of my day around the big meal/event. I make sure to log everything I want so I can be prepared.
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Eat a big salad very little dressing before you go. And carry a bottle of water in you hand.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Small scoops! And don't eat anything unless you really want to. Outside of that, enjoy the day and your family! Then back on track Tuesday!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'd stick to the meat, veggies, and fruits. Most people are pretty understanding if you tell them that you don't eat pasta or breads because they don't "agree" with you. Especially if it's a sibling. I don't think he'd be offended if you ate a little bit of everything EXCEPT pasta salad, or if you ate a "sandwich" without the bread.
    Just try to work around the menu as much as possible, without going overboard, and enjoy your family. Even if you do go over one day, it won't be the end of the world, and you can get back on track Tuesday.