50 lbs. Lost - Feeling Humble and Blessed

Options
Oshun64
Oshun64 Posts: 12 Member
Greetings All,

I don't post much, mainly a lurker, but I reached a milestone yesterday (5/24) and wanted to share it with the MFP community since I've received so much knowledge and wisdom over the last year from you all. (Drumroll, please) I did it!!! I actually did it!!! I am at my goal weight! Though I am learning not to live and die by the scale, seeing the actual number was still thrilling. It took me approximately 2 months to lose the last 5 lbs. so this really feels like an accomplishment.

You know that much touted adage "You didn't gain the weight overnight, so don't expect to lose it overnight." While I certainly understand the logic behind this sentiment, I have a slightly different perspective on my weight loss. Compared to the 15 years I spent overweight, depressed, feeling unattractive and just not living life to its fullest - the 11 months it took me to lose the weight and regain my sense of self was not long at all. 15 years vs. 11 months! Wow...so many years wasted.

But...I am not looking back. I am moving forward looking and feeling better than I have in years. I celebrated by enjoying a great day bathing suit shopping with my daughter. I bought a 2 piece suit y'all and it looks really good on me! Ocean City, NJ here I come!

Replies

• LisaMighton
    LisaMighton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you're right to feel proud!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You did a great job. Enjoy your results. :mrgreen:
  • penelopepittstopsmam
    penelopepittstopsmam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! !
  • aprilcanrun
    aprilcanrun Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yay! Well done, that's an awesome accomplishment!
  • Oshun64
    Oshun64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words of support. And best of luck on your healthy living goals.
  • lemonaid7
    lemonaid7 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Well stated, I appreciate your perspective, congrats on your loss!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!