Problem staying motivated

Options
Trying to do this by myself is difficult, need someone to motivate & push me to my limits, to do more & be a better me!!! I've lost a lot of weight before but I was younger & had someone to excercise with, any suggestions?

Replies

• verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Well you're not alone hun, we're all in the same boat here. :) Good luck!
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just starting out. Remember every journey has many steps but the only way to get to the end is to take those steps. Don't look at the end and think it's too hard you'll never get there. Concentrate on what is in front of you at that moment. It's one day at a time and make the most of that day. If you mess up immediately pick yourself up and start over don't beat yourself up for a slip up. You're human, right? We all mess up just get back on the path.
  • yasminbower1991
    yasminbower1991 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me x at my heaviest i was 13st and at my lowest i was 8st2, only been using mfp for a couple of weeks to get back on track as i gained around 16/17lbs from being lazy and drinking too much haha xx
  • wesjack777
    wesjack777 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey... Good on you for getting back into things!
    I had an exercise buddy til a couple months back. Circumstances changed and that isn't possible any more.
    I bit the bullet and am going to a gym... Which is intimidating as all heck. But am doing that, and seeing a trainer a couple times a week. Eventually I may find some similar people there and we keep each other in check.
    Keep your goals in front of you. Read them every day. What is your destination... How are you getting to that point... What are you willing to give to get to your goal.
    Write that down, keep it in front of you and have a go. Don't get to a point in the future where you'll have regrets about not doing your best.
  • TexOkie12
    TexOkie12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I weighed between 103 & 113 most of my life then I had back surgery, family issues & retired. Great excuses for letting myself go! I reached 204 lbs in March & it finally hit me that I really did a number on myself & lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks.
    I was too late tho to save my health; mid-April I learned that I have Type 2 diabetes. Now I have more motivation than I want.
    I am meeting the challenge with low carb, low sugar meals, 1200 to 1400 calories & at least 30 minutes of exercise daily. I am determined to help my pancreas recover; losing 50+ lbs & making exercise a part of my lifestyle.
    I did this to myself because I just got lazy. Take it from me... you don't want my present "motivation"