Different storkes for different folks

Options
I only needed to lose 14lbs, easy right? Well, after losing 4lbs and then being 'stuck' for almost 3 months I have finally lost some weight (actual body fat) and inches.:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Now, I feel as though I 'tried everything':explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: , eat more, eat less, workout more, work out less, strength train, cheat days, drink more water, drink green tea, get enough sleep - none of it seemed to work.

The thing that most definitely DID NOT work for me was 'eating back' exercise calories.

Whilst I'm not here to enter into the perpetual 'starvation mode' argument what I do want to do is just give a word of encouragement to anyone else who is stuck: We are all different and different things will work for each of us. Please don't give up, you just need to find what's right for you. I though it may be useful to share the things I did to help me:

- eat every 3ish hrs, try to have protein at every meal, eat my BMR in calories, create my calorie deficit through exercise rather than restricting food intake too much, weight trained 3 x per week, go heavy with the weights, various other activities on my non-weight training days and take a rest once a week.

Keep going, be strong and don't lose motivation, you can do it.

Replies

• milanfan15
    milanfan15 Posts: 4
    Options
    beautiful post!!!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    beautiful post!!!

i agree :flowerforyou:
  • littlemisskitty24
    Options
    great post - thanks for the inspiration
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You are so right! Everyone is so different and different things work for each one. I personally never understood "eating back burned calories" I've lost 42 pounds in under 3 mos, so I guess NOT eating back those calories for me is working!! :)

Nice post!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yup, you have to find what works for you... I've lost 15kg eating back my exercise cals, so that works for me but might not for everyone else.
    Good luck in the ongoing journey!
  • rmirvine99
    rmirvine99 Posts: 6
    Options
    Just what I needed to read this morning, THANKS Sunshine79! ☺☼☺
  • sashalarue
    sashalarue Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sunshine Thank you so much for this and it makes sense!! Can you tell me what you mean about eating your BMR clalories?
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, so glad you are getting some wonderful results!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Nancyhusanu
    Nancyhusanu Posts: 65
    Options
    Great post! :smile:
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    sounds like a good plan! Congrats on your weight loss! :flowerforyou: