HRM- best bang for your buck?

Options
who can suggest a HRM that has been the best bang for your buck? I have been researching and am SO overwhelmed by reviews. I need to know what you all think.
Thanks

Replies

• froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I would love to know too! I want one! :)
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I recently just bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T5G971-Unisex-Personal-Monitor/dp/B000P8VWQS/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1306153673&sr=1-2

I love it! The chest strap is comfy and the watch part is easy to use/read. :)
  • durlingkristi
    Options
    I really like my POLAR FT4F its perfect for me!
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My husband just bought me the Timex Ironman Road Trainer HRM with chest strap. I LOVE it!!!! I tryed to use the kind from walmart with just a watch but it was so inaccurate, kept being unable to detect HR. I recommend Timex!
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    Me too! Been looking around for awhile...too many choices!

I have 2 friends with the Fitbit and love it, but I don't think it gives your heart-rate?!
    Most people tell me to go with the Polar brand?! I want mine to keep track of calories burned and HR.

Good Luck
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    I got one from Argos (UK) £20. Doesnt do cals but good HRM....with chest strap
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Polar FT4. I highly recommend it :smile:
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    Polar FT4 is great! Not too expensive and does everything you need it too without too many complicated bell and whistles that you'll never use! :) You can enter in all you stats (age, weight, etc) and it gives you calories burned, HR, and workout time. I love it and have had no problems with it at all. Also, this is a model that allows you to change the battery yourself when the time comes because I read that it can be expensive on the ones that you have to send in to be changed. Good luck shopping, hope you find what works for you!
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I love it ... it's really simple which is awesome!
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-3529.aspx

I got this one and used it for the first time today, seems pretty good!
  • libstr
    libstr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    polar are a good brand, have been eye balling them for over 12 months and bought a FT7 today for a great price. been playing with it and wearing around the house. good to see what my resting heart rate is and played with the buttons before using it at the gym in the morning
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what you want your HRM to do. Do you want it to also keep track of running or cycling pace, to do HR zone workouts, to have built in GPS, or to store specific workouts? I'm a cyclist and I use the Garmin Forerunner 305 to keep track of my cycling workouts as well as my HR information. It has separate measurement functions for running and cycling (I also run sometimes to crosstrain), and has a "multisport" option for weight lifting or any other exercise you might want to use it for. If you just want a simple HR monitor, Polar is the way to go. But definitely make sure that whatever HR monitor you buy has a chest strap. Also, many of the Polar models require that you send the unit back to Polar to change the battery (you can't just change the battery yourself). So you might want to hunt around for one that you can change yourself.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what you want your HRM to do. Do you want it to also keep track of running or cycling pace, to do HR zone workouts, to have built in GPS, or to store specific workouts? I'm a cyclist and I use the Garmin Forerunner 305 to keep track of my cycling workouts as well as my HR information. It has separate measurement functions for running and cycling (I also run sometimes to crosstrain), and has a "multisport" option for weight lifting or any other exercise you might want to use it for. If you just want a simple HR monitor, Polar is the way to go. But definitely make sure that whatever HR monitor you buy has a chest strap. Also, many of the Polar models require that you send the unit back to Polar to change the battery (you can't just change the battery yourself). So you might want to hunt around for one that you can change yourself.
  • beckusjane
    beckusjane Posts: 112
    Options
    I have heard about the Polar FT4 but have not researched it myself yet. I am a single mom on a budget. What are we talking price wise?
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    I have large wrists. does anyone know if the polar ft4r womens would fit me? I can't seem to find the strap measurements.
  • haylayne81
    haylayne81 Posts: 56
    Options
    I recently just bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T5G971-Unisex-Personal-Monitor/dp/B000P8VWQS/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1306153673&sr=1-2

this one looks awesome! Especially the price!
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options

this one looks awesome! Especially the price!

I LOVED the price! Plus, it does calories, HR and a few other little things. If mine broke, I'd just replace it with another - I LOVE IT!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have heard about the Polar FT4 but have not researched it myself yet. I am a single mom on a budget. What are we talking price wise?

I LOVE my FT4 my only regret is not getting it sooner! I to am on a budget and couldn't justify spending $90 on it but I'm so glad I finally splurged and did it!