coffee

Options
If you are studying late night, what sorta coffee can you get that will not ruin your diet? I mean, I don't want to do good all day and blow it on a latte. So far I get a latte with skim milk and add a couple of no calorie Equal. Is this a good choice. I know caffeine isn't good and all this stuff, but sometimes I need it but I don't want to blow my diet...or life change, or whatever.

Replies

• sph40
    sph40 Posts: 24
    Options
    If you are studying late night, what sorta coffee can you get that will not ruin your diet? I mean, I don't want to do good all day and blow it on a latte. So far I get a latte with skim milk and add a couple of no calorie Equal. Is this a good choice. I know caffeine isn't good and all this stuff, but sometimes I need it but I don't want to blow my diet...or life change, or whatever.
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    the new skinny line at starbucks is great!! Is non-fat sugar free and only has 90, 130 or 160 cals in in depending on the size!!! Its great and actually tastes good!!
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have no idea where you get your coffee, or if you make it at home, but I have found that my coffee buying habit have been dramatically changed after seeing:
    http://www.starbucks.com/retail/nutrition_beverages.asp
    It allowed me to still get something that I liked while knowing exactly how many calories I was consuming. Plus, I got to see the calorie differences between using 2% milk and nonfat, getting a shot rather than a tall... makes a big difference...
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    look at it this way, a standard black cup of coffee is 5 calories and anything you add to it goes up from there. How many calories in an ounce of skim milk? How much sugar supplement do you add that would make you worry about going over the top of your caloric intake each day?

If you like tea that would be a good alternative -- but again it's the things you add to it.
  • sph40
    sph40 Posts: 24
    Options
    i LOVE tea, but i'm from the south and we only drink it SWEET!

I don't add much to my coffee, but what about lattes and cappachino, and etc.?
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    The only coffee I get at Starbucks is their Iced or Hot Venti Americano (sometimes with a flavour shot). You drink it black or with a bit of sweetener.

Come on...that is pretty diet friendly :wink: