Stevia Problems

Options
ChantalGG
ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
Ive noticed after i have stevia a few hours later and the next day i am noticeably bloated out, I am gasy, have gut rot and I'm crampy. I feel as if i was going to start that time of the month when it was not time.
This happened 3 times this month and I have figured out it was only after i had pepsi next, i drink 1/3 to 1/2 of a can cause the stuff isnt good at all. In the past when i put stevia in my coffee or on my grapefruit i felt the same, i just thought it was the salads or other foods i ate at the time.

I just read some of the side effects and infertility, smaller or fewer offspring and shrinking of the male genitalia. Also all the stuff I have going on.

I dont know if Im going to have more children but Im not going to chance it and im definitely not putting it in desserts that my son will eat anymore. Im sticking to low sugar, no sugar and natural sugars.

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I believe that artificial sweeteners will do more damage than granulated sugars will.

In the same boat as margarine and fat-free products.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Are you having just stevia.... Or erythritol? If it's an erythritol blend, you may find its the sugar alcohols causing you issues...
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I rather real sugar. It tastes better to me. I fit the sugar into my calorie goal and make it work. I don't like the way stevia or truvia and all those taste.
  • buffveganme
    buffveganme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I really like Organica brand. It's 'pure' white stevia - NO Maltodextrin!

Unfortunately, lots of brands cut their Stevia with this - I do not like the taste of the blended varieties either -

- Maltodextrin is a complex carbohydrate produced from starch that is commonly used as a food additive. People suffering from Celiac disease or allergies to wheat, corn or potatoes may find that consumption of maltodextrin as a food additive leads to unwanted side effects. Other side effects of consumption may include unwanted weight gain and digestive problems, such as bloating and flatulence.

What kind are you using?
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    i use the NOW Better Stevia Extract Packets and im suffering atm from drinking 1/3 of a Pepsi Next. ugh
    yeah it does have Maltodextrin in it, it says it is a rice starch, it shouldnt affect celiac disease sufferers.
  • hvjc
    hvjc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Stevia makes me exhausted and spacey! Very weird, but consistently true.