Are you serious?!?! :(

Options
Long story short I've been on this diet/excersize routine about 2 weeks. My husband is NOT supportive,he *****es about turkey and splenda. He laughs at ms when I count callories and just strait out don't care. I'm fine with that. But what I'm not fine with is when j go to weigh in and see that I've,yet again,gained 2 freeking pounds, what does my hubby do? He weighs himself and laughs when he's LOST 13 damn lbs doing nothing but stoping soda for a month! Itsjust so frustrating! I quit soda too! But did I loose? No! I gained! Again...sorry,I just needed to vent a little I guess...I'm not logging my gain. I'll just weigh again in a week and hope that I even out :(...

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Stick with it and make sure you are drinking enough water. Exercise causes your muscles to swell with water and they will only release the water when you are drinking enough. Counting calories is absolutely the fool proof way to lose weight and this site makes it so easy. You will show him in the end when you are hot, hot, hot!!!
  • acave9406
    acave9406 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My husband does the same thing! He always makes fun of me for saying "No I can't eat this or i'll go over"
    says it's too much of a headache and why not just pig out. And boom he loses weight. I don't get it he is like the worst eater i've ever seen!
  • hollyhock123
    Options
    Hey! Don't be discouraged about the whole soda thing. Men and women have different body chemistries and it is normal for women to not loose weight from cutting soda alone. Our bodies store it differently then men (plus we have the will power to do some extra work to work it off... unlike men) ;)
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and don't give up! I've heard that men tend to lose faster than women anyway. What type of work does your husband do? Is he very active? Perhaps he's burning more calories? In either case, he should learn to be more supportive. We're all in this together. Good luck!
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    lololol silly..if my husband laughed at me for counting cals I would tell him to F* *k off ..you keep going lady!! You are not done losing weight until YOU SAY SO!!! Good luck super woman :)
  • cjfoster
    cjfoster Posts: 36
    Options
    Really take a look at what you're eating. I discovered that sugar can be a factor. Make sure you taking it good sugar and not the bad. Also, I discovered not only did I need to exercise in the am but also at least 6 days a week and various types of exercise: water aerobics, cycling, jogging, zumba etc..... it took about 14 days before everything was kicking it for some weight loss. I struggle a little with the strength training because it will cause muscle gain which can lead to weight gain. But I tell you just when you think it's all for not and you decide to try on something from the past and it fits.....!!!!!! HECK!!! everyone tends to forget INCHES are just as important. Keep on pushing and don't let what your hubby do or say discourage you....remember men and women or built different so we don't response to exercise the same and I don't think I would want too.....
  • booberj
    booberj Posts: 69
    Options
    don't worry about it... my wife is struggling this week by gaining weight and I have lost again. It's just the unfair advantage most guys have over women... they have more muscle. My wife and I started lifting weights I've lost and she gained.. I'm sure it's just water weight for her and I tell her to drink more water continuously... keep up the good work it will pay off

nice Jeep by the way... I love mine
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and don't give up! I've heard that men tend to lose faster than women anyway. What type of work does your husband do? Is he very active? Perhaps he's burning more calories? In either case, he should learn to be more supportive. We're all in this together. Good luck!
    He's an indoor outdoor plumber,he's active,but he's had the same job 12 years, I just don't get it....13 lbs? I'd kill to loose 13 lbs!
  • hllamaster
    hllamaster Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hang in there I went almost 10 day of nothing till it started to come off...set small goal...use the strenght of others to help you..look for postive support don't ponder on negitive and stick with it...
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    don't worry about it... my wife is struggling this week by gaining weight and I have lost again. It's just the unfair advantage most guys have over women... they have more muscle. My wife and I started lifting weights I've lost and she gained.. I'm sure it's just water weight for her and I tell her to drink more water continuously... keep up the good work it will pay off

nice Jeep by the way... I love mine
    well I'm sure your wife appreciates you being sonsupportive!!! Good for you! Thanks! But ones a samari and the others a Toyota lol oh and neither of them are ours, my hubby has a wrangler,yj I think,I can't keep them strait lol
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to drop some heavy weight fast.......DUMP THE HUSBAND!!!!

Who wants a partner who does not support you? I'm guessing he has not supported you in other parts of your life as well.

Maybe he's afraid if you lose weight and look hot you will dump his sorry *kitten*?

Screw him....do this for yourself and the rest of the story will unfold!
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    Men always lose faster then women. My husband has lost 3x more weight in the last month then me, his 30lbs to my 11lbs. I know it can be frustrating but keep working at it, your body will adjust and you will start losing. If you open up your diary then people could make some suggestions if that is what you're looking for.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I feel you on men losing weight easier. My husband sat around all winter while he was laid off and did nothing but sit there and eat pizza and gained about 25 pounds. He's been back to work for 3 weeks now and I swear he has lost half of his belly. Granted he works very hard, he's a landscaper so it's hard physical work....but he still eats whatever he wants. I work hard working out, but if I even eat one calorie I'm not supposed to, I blow up, but he just goes to work and loses weight. Arg!
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Different people, different bodies. Go back over your food diary this week, ask a few friends to look and see if there is anything that could be causing the gain (think about your t.o.m....) some days it's just on an up with the scale, perhaps next week you'll have lost 4lbs!

My ex was really skinny and used to wax lyrical about diet and exercise - two things he knew NOTHING about, really used to get me angry and I'd switch off or snap if he was talking about either. I think he tried to be supportive but he just couldn't relate to me and my weight issues because he'd never had any. He used to insist on cooking with fat or finding the fattiest meat in the supermarket, when I cut the fat off my food he'd say "it's the best bit!" he was skinny as anything and the most exercise he'd do was 30 minutes football one day a week. Ate like a pacman.

My current boyfriend is amazing and has done an phenomenal job of getting into shape through both food and exercise, and I feel completely comfortable talking about how I feel about food, the pitfalls, my worries and my aspirations with him and he is really knowledgeable and supportive about it. He knows about exercise and I know about food so it's a really good team and we're very supportive of each other, but we wouldn't have that if we both hadn't been over weight in the first place and conscientious enough to do something about it.

I wish your hubby would be a bit more mature and support you through this instead of gloating about his weightloss.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    :angry: f***er! Keep at it, this is your journey, and regardless your pace, you will get to your destination. I suspect you will pass him along the way. Look to your MFP friends for support, we are here for you!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    If my husband started dieting today he'd lose way quicker than I did, seriously. I'm sorry to hear that he's making fun or your struggle because it's not a laughing matter. Keep your head up and keep trudging upwards and onwards and when you hit your goal and he's drooling over you then you're the one who gets the last laugh! :)
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss journey is about you and no one else. When people send you positive encouragement that is a bonus but I wouldn't always expect it. Men lose way faster than women and their bodies are completely different.

Stick to your healthy changes. He may be losing weight but not in a healthy way. Just because someone is thin or have lost weight doesn't mean they are healthy. Just focus on you, your goals, and healthy life changes. Stress and not getting enough sleep can interfere with your weight loss. Another thing is that actions speak louder than words. Instead of expecting him to accept what you are doing just do it and lose it! He will see :happy:
  • natashaamee
    natashaamee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm fortunate that my boyfriend is extremly supportive and will read labels for me when he doesn't have to. But boy do I hate him for getting back into hot shape in less than 2 months and I'm still struggling to lose even 5lbs. Bamma!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the Slim Quick commercial.
  • MFP1984
    MFP1984 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I read something the other day that 2/3 of guys diet secretly so their partner doesn't know - just imagine - he's maybe been at working with salads instead!

What you're doing is the right thing! The maths adds up! Just keep going and maybe measure yourself - sometimes when the scales don't move the tape measure does! - keep at it! x