Feels good! Progress photos :)

Options
MrsMKB
MrsMKB Posts: 64 Member
edited May 2015 in Success Stories
At the end of last year I was the maid of honour in two weddings. Less than six months earlier I gave birth to our second baby. As such, I had no problem with being the chubby girl. I was proud of myself, my beautiful babies and all the amazing work my body has done.
But in January, the professional photos came out. I was devastated. I knew I was chubby. But I had no idea that I was THE fat girl. I made a promise to myself that these photos would become my before photos, and at the end of January I started my journey.

At the beginning of May I weighed in at over 22pounds down. This is only the beginning.

My motivation is starting to weigh thin. Through this time I have faced the temptations involved in the celebration of mine, my husbands and both kids birthdays as well as our wedding anniversary, Valentine's and Mother's Day... My daughter got very ill and we had to stay in the hospital for over a week.. I sold my house, bought a new house and am now preparing to move in just 6 weeks... I also quit smoking.. I need something to open my eyes to how importNt this really is to me, so I thought I should compare some current pictures to those life changing wedding photos that got me started. I am so happy to be able to see such a difference and am so excited to keep this up!

PS. FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AS A FRIEND- I LOVE HAVING MOTIVATED AND ACTIVE MFP USERS TO KEEP EACH OTHER GOING STRONG!

quv2ibjru2m3.jpg
qve1duxcxbmw.jpg
xho1s5r1nnhe.jpg
fwktgcpuke0s.jpg
o8eebn9tuv2m.jpg

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I bet that feels great! Isn't it strange how taking weight off also takes off years? You could be your own daughter! Congrats!
  • MrsMKB
    Options
    Oh my! I bet that feels great! Isn't it strange how taking weight off also takes off years? You could be your own daughter! Congrats!

Oh wow thanks!!! I always notice how much other people look younger in progress photos but I guess that's something not so easy to see in myself. Awesome! Thank you for that!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Of course you look lovely in both the before and afters, but in the current ones you can really see the difference! You've done wonderful, especially considering all you've been dealing with lately. Keep it up!!
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Great job you look great and congrats on quitting smoking! I too use to smoke so I know it's a nasty habit to be able to quit....with everything you've had to encounter though, great job staying focused. Losing weight is tough, especially when life gets in the way. Keep up the awesome work ;) looking back on "fat" pictures is a great feeling. I can't wait to look at mine! I've done it before I shall do it again and keep it up.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Seriously this is you after a 22lb loss? I think you look awesome, beautiful in all the photos... healthier in the newer ones. :) I cannot believe sometimes how changed a person can looked in what to me (I have much more to lose than 22 lbs!) seems like a small amount of weight.

You've done great and I know will continue to as time goes on. You do look so much younger... so much more confident and healthier!

Well done you <3
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

^
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - especially in that last picture. Well done!!
  • Littlepeeper
    Littlepeeper Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look beautiful.
  • Melvicmurphy
    Melvicmurphy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look Lovely in both sets, photos can work wonders for motivation - my minds eye image is always at odds with photos - my new plan for the future is never to avoid having a photo taken! Well done!
  • MrsMKB
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • jkiadawn1
    jkiadawn1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous and great motivation this morning!!
  • dan326
    dan326 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    you look great!!
  • EnglishCanadian
    EnglishCanadian Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Amazing! It's so important to take care of yourself as well as everyone else. I think we often forget that, we come bottom of the list of things to do... You're doing an amazing job, looking good girl and HAPPY!! That's the best bit of transformation, the different feeling that radiates :) Yay for you!!
  • MrsMKB
    Options
    Amazing! It's so important to take care of yourself as well as everyone else. I think we often forget that, we come bottom of the list of things to do... You're doing an amazing job, looking good girl and HAPPY!! That's the best bit of transformation, the different feeling that radiates :) Yay for you!!

It's SOOO true- being a mama makes it very difficult to do anything for yourself!
  • JessicasGold
    JessicasGold Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We have similar stories!!! Congrats! You were beautiful before but I know how you felt looking at those pics! Congratulations and keep up the great work!!!
  • bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look great! I already have you as a friend ☺ thanks for being a great motivator and an inspiration.
    Keep up the great work!!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job, and I'm glad you've found your re-motivation! I started in late January as well (Jan. 28) and I'm so glad I started when I did. Every time I feel comfortable in my body and in my clothes, I think "I'm glad I did this". And I know you do too! You get extra points for doing it all in the middle of such a hectic time. :)
  • MrsMKB
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pictures, both sets, and congrats on the loss.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You look great in both pictures! Glad you are hitting your stride. <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!