When did you see results?

Options
When did you first start seeing results during your weight loss journey? I know that saying it takes 4 weeks for you to see, 8 weeks for close friends, 12 weeks for the world to see...but I'm sure some people see little changes sooner than 4 weeks..So when did you notice the little changes? Also what was the first thing to change on your body due to weight loss?

I have been exercising and trying to eat better for the past 2 weeks, the scale has hardly moved but I have noticed that I am not as bloated and the top of my stomach is starting to shrink a little. My downfall is trying to get in enough water.

Replies

• maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can go by how many weeks as much as you can by how much weight is being lost. I have heard from others that typically when you get to 18-20 lbs lost everyone starts to notice. Others have also said that immediate family sees you regularly so they aren't as apt to notice as much as folks that only see you once in a while.
  • bryerangel
    bryerangel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I noticed around my upper belly after the first week. Take weekly measurements and record them. I measure my natural waist, bottom belly, hips and thigh. Sometimes I will get discouraged after a weigh in of no lose, then measure myself and find i have lost an inch everywhere!
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    For me, I didn't notice by the weeks so much, beause that's not what I was paying attention to. When I noticed, I was about 20 pounds down
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I think it took 10-15 lbs gone before I saw a difference in appearance and my clothes were looser. That was a couple of months. I think it has taken about 20 lbs for my face to look a bit thinner to me.
    I noticed that exercise was easier or I was able to bend down to tie my shoes before I noticed my appearance changing.
    I weigh once a week. I take body measurements and a photo once a month. I try on my test jeans once a month.
  • munzenburg
    munzenburg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know for me, it took about 35 pounds for anyone to notice, although it's probably because I have a lot of weight to lose. A good friend hadn't seen me in a few weeks and she was shocked at the difference and made a big deal of it, which I really loved. So far I've lost 50 pounds and people at church and at work have commented. But I really need to remember that it's about how much better I feel that really counts. It's also amazing how quickly time flies, regardless if I'm eating healthy or not, so I figure I might as well choose healthy!