Wii Zumba Crew

Options
Because of some of the chatter here at MYP I thought I would buy Wii Zumba. I started it tonight and enjoyed it. I thought we could start a thread for anyone else who might be interested. A place to check in...questions that may pop up for newbies (like myself) - in hopes to find support, find like-minded friends here at MYP, and a place to be accountable, etc.

Let the party begin!

Replies

• mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the xbox 360 so far I like learning new dance moves although it is quite the workout
  • bittersweeto8
    bittersweeto8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I must say I had NEVER tried zumba because, lets face it, im lucky im coordinated enough to walk straight let alone dance with some sort of rhythm. But, honestly, I bought the Wii Zumba off of a friend that didnt like it, and its working.. really really well.

And its so much fun! :)
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba for the PS3 yesterday and tried it this morning and I LOVE IT!! Did 20 minutes...like 4 lil single sessions and burned 330 calories....way more fun than the boring old treadmill and I was dripping with sweat!! Will be doing this again 2mrrw!:bigsmile:
  • bittersweeto8
    bittersweeto8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on it! Plus since I started two weeks ago I've lost 8lbs and I can really FEEL myself toning up. You'll have to let me know how your progress is with it
  • waterfallaus
    Options
    LOl! I just got this yesterday and tried it last night.
    1 couldn't do the foot and arm work well and as I was getting it she changed to another move, but I improvised. I did 7 minutes and then had to pee from all the water I drank and couldn't breathe so took a break and then did another 8 minutes before dying!
    I like it, but somehow missed the tutorial, don't have the belt as I bought it off ebay and not sure really how much calories I burned.
    I also have More Active 2 and that has my leg muscles burning! and my ribs hurt the first time!! OUCH like for 3 days!
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    The Easter Bunny put it in my basket, but my kids have stolen it as well as the candy! When I find it and get to try it I will be back! P.S. to the person who wants the manual, try searching the main nintendo site, many times manuals are posted for just that reason! good luck
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love zumba on wii! even though i wish they actually broke down the harder steps a bit more but in general it is very easy to follow along. I do it when I cant make it to a class and I get such a good workout.
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I was just asking my daughter about getting the Wii Zumba to use on days I don't walk. My coordination is pretty "off" too. She suggested to get a DVD and try that first and I think I will. Any other suggestions are welcome!
  • Sunshine_state
    Options
    I got this on the weekend and i love it. Been to a few classes but love the fact i can now do it as often as i want. I have been doing to 20mins but going to attempt the 45mins. Hope my HRM arrives soon as i want to put in my cals correctly
  • ChocoMary
    ChocoMary Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    For my part, I play Wii Fitness / zumba. I love it, I prefer the intermediate sequences and expert, it moves more and the songs are very very catchy. This week, I give myself the challenge to do every morning (60 minutes), I managed to get to zumbathon and I'd do it every day I look forward to great results and now that i have my HRM, so I could more easily estimate my calories! ;)

.... sorry if my english is not so clear, i come from Quebec ! ;)
  • Hyster1
    Hyster1 Posts: 75
    Options
    I go to a Zumba class twice a week and i love it. Don't have it for the wii yet. But would love to get it.
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My DH and DD gave me a wii Zumba for Valentine's Day. I finally got around to using it last night. I loved it. I did th enightclub for 20 minutes. I will do it again tonight. I am adding this to my daily routine of Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Wii Zumba, Zumba Classes, or Zumba Dvd's Love it all!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of Zumba PS3......20minutes 363calories according to HRM! So much more fun than the treadmill! I have to "unlock" 10 sessions of Zumba party before I can "take a class". My lil 5 yr old daughter does this with me before school and loves it! I am not very coordinated yet but I sure sweat it up!! Not sore yet which is odd...cuz I am dripping when I am done!
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    went to a Zumba class today, worked my butt off!!! lol wink wink, but I feel very uncoordinated since I don't know the steps. Where the heck did the kids put the Wii Zumba?! It was my gift!!! lol
  • shopmama72
    shopmama72 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am hoping for advice from people who have been able to get to wii zumbathon. I do the 45 minute wii zumba classes everyday, but I hadn't done any of the zumba party ones. Well, my friend and I want to get to some new stuff, so I've now done the Beginner 1 and 2 of the zumba party ones. The second one has a green checkmark, and I thought that meant that I needed to "pass" this one to unlock the next one, but no matter what, it hasn't changed. What do I need to do to unlock it and get to more stuff? Help please!
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I got my Zumba on again last night. I can't wait for tonight.