looking for friends or motivational buddies :)

Hello, I'm new here. I figured it was about time to stop "trying" to lose weight and actually committing to it. I hate to ask, I feel silly, but I'd love some friends for support. People to cheer me on and people that I can cheer on and share in the experience. I think it always makes it better when you have others with a similar goal to keep you motivated. Thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• hkat1298
    hkat1298 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi was also looking for some friends for support! I would love to weight loss buddies!
  • PeggyPiskor
    PeggyPiskor Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, my name is Peggy. I was scheduled to undergo gastric bypass surgery December 2013, but this time came and went as I had lost over 70 pounds. However since undergoing arthritic surgery on my right hand October 2014, I have not yet been able to return to working out. With moving in January 2015, my husband's and I's ongoing medical treatments, I have not yet returned to the gym. I am planning to return to the gym early June 2015. I just hope that I can return to everything I was doing before-cardio and weight training and classes. I hope that I can get back on my weight loss program.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    It all falls back on you to stick with it regardless but I'm down to be a friend. Just need to tell yourself that this is a permanent change in your life and you will adapt. Those foods you loved will always be there in moderation but your health is far more important!
  • Anthea7910
    Anthea7910 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I'm in the same boat as you and think would help to have a buddy to keep motivated and hope they do the same for me