lost weight but put it back on :-(

Options
So at the begging of the year I was super strict with myself only drink water no seconds no sauces on food, exercise at least 3 times a week, and after January was finished I went back to normal I lost 10 lbs which was fab but now ha e put it back on :-( how it possible to lose weight without putting it back on

Replies

• LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Kat_fish90 wrote: »
    So at the begging of the year I was super strict with myself only drink water no seconds no sauces on food, exercise at least 3 times a week, and after January was finished I went back to normal I lost 10 lbs which was fab but now ha e put it back on :-( how it possible to lose weight without putting it back on

The only way to lose weight without putting it back on is to keep exercise and eating right.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Count calories instead of restricting yourself so much!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I think the trick is that you have to loose it in a way that you are ok with keeping up for the rest of your life. I'm not a "sauces" kinda lady so that would be easy for me, but I could never keep up drinking only water!

I've never done it before, but I'll share my plan with you. Take it with several grains of salt!

I'm eating as I always have (healthy-esque) just way less of it!

I'm logging every day, even when I go over

I'm exercising doing things I enjoy with people I like

I'm weighing every week.

When I maintain I plan to keep calorie counting at maintenance. for life (here's to hoping there are always smartphones and calorie counters!) I also plan to weigh and log daily to keep on top of any gains.

Yeah, that sounds a bit nuts, but for me I think that's the only way. Find what works for you long term!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I think the trick is that you have to loose it in a way that you are ok with keeping up for the rest of your life. I'm not a "sauces" kinda lady so that would be easy for me, but I could never keep up drinking only water!

I've never done it before, but I'll share my plan with you. Take it with several grains of salt!

I'm weighing every week.

When I maintain I plan to keep calorie counting at maintenance. for life (here's to hoping there are always smartphones and calorie counters!) I also plan to weigh and log daily to keep on top of any gains.

Yeah, that sounds a bit nuts, but for me I think that's the only way. Find what works for you long term!

My exact plan/thought except I weigh daily.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

graphics-yo-yo-588543.gif

At the beginning of the year you changed what you did and lost weight and then you went back to the way you were before...what did you think would happen?

If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you need to change how you eat / move forever

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    It's a lifestyle change. You have to stop doing what makes you gain weight.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Like @emdeesea said its a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    lol@ the gif

How do you know the weight you lost was anything other than water + fluctuation?

Clearlt you went back to your old ways so unsurprisingly it crept back, as siggsted above do it in a more sustainable fashion where you cna keep at a calorific level.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

The only way to lose weight without putting it back on is to keep exercise and eating right.
    nope sorry

as mentioned you need to make life changes in your eating.

maintenance is one of those things where I still logged everyday accurately and consistently....used a food scale etc.

It's the same as losing weight for me just with some extra food. Why no sauces? why did you stop working out?

why go back to "normal" in all honesty what did you think was going to happen...to lose weight you have to consume less calories than you are burning...you did that in January...but after you started consuming more than you were burning so you gained it back...simple.
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

graphics-yo-yo-588543.gif

At the beginning of the year you changed what you did and lost weight and then you went back to the way you were before...what did you think would happen?

If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you need to change how you eat / move forever

This ^^^^^. So much this.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

I'm weighing every week.

My exact plan/thought except I weigh daily.

And this is exactly what I have been doing for almost three years without gaining my weight back.