motivation while breastfeeding&losing lbs

Options
Any other moms out there breastfeeding and trying to lose that baby weight? Add me (: I'm looking for supportive moms who understand how hard it is to lose weight while breastfeeding.

Replies

• sugarmanju
    sugarmanju Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Me! Im breastfeeding my 6 month old boy. He's my third and I've got 24 kg to lose!
  • lrob87
    lrob87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding my 5.5 month old. Down 16 lbs and 9 more to go before I hit my pre-pregnancy weight, then 40 after that. Feel free to add me. :)
  • chachunka
    chachunka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing my 9.5 month old daughter as I type; she's my sixth child. I'll be 40 this summer and my goal is to get to my goal of 155 lbs by then; which is my ideal weight. Seems I've been gaining instead of losing as I breastfeed! I've never been able to lose weight until I've weaned... So I feel guilty for wanting to wean her in order to have my body back.
  • fitnicole21
    fitnicole21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    chachunka wrote: »
    I'm nursing my 9.5 month old daughter as I type; she's my sixth child. I'll be 40 this summer and my goal is to get to my goal of 155 lbs by then; which is my ideal weight. Seems I've been gaining instead of losing as I breastfeed! I've never been able to lose weight until I've weaned... So I feel guilty for wanting to wean her in order to have my body back.

Girrrllll!!!! I can totally agree with u at 3 mo PP I wanted to wean so I could lose this weight I got very disgourged because I was very hungry and trying to lose weigh seemed impossible!! So I'm sticking to my guns and going to the gym everyday mon-fri and sat/sun I walk with her. Ill be 23in July. I have a 4 year old and before her I weighed 113 and 3 years after her right before I got pregnant I got down to that 113 again felt amazing about myself. And my second pregnancy I gained 60 lbs (high risk amd bed rest) and lost 30 in a month now I'm stuck at 145. I want to get back to 115 and I will get there I've done it before (:
  • fitnicole21
    Options
    lrob87 wrote: »
    I'm breastfeeding my 5.5 month old. Down 16 lbs and 9 more to go before I hit my pre-pregnancy weight, then 40 after that. Feel free to add me. :)

Added u (:
  • mirandajling
    mirandajling Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, I'm breastfeeding my 9.5 month old and gained FIFTY lbs durring pregnancy. I sware, breastfeeding cravings are just as bad as pregnancy cravings. I've been losing on and off but need to get motivated! 5 to go to prepregnancy and 20 all together. :smile: add me if you like!
  • fitnicole21
    Options
    I'm with you, I'm breastfeeding my 9.5 month old and gained FIFTY lbs durring pregnancy. I sware, breastfeeding cravings are just as bad as pregnancy cravings. I've been losing on and off but need to get motivated! 5 to go to prepregnancy and 20 all together. :smile: add me if you like!

Way to go on 9.5 mo of bf momma! I agree the food urges suck lol making it difficult to lose the baby weight
  • melmac003
    melmac003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I just joined. Is there a way to add the extra calories we are supposed to get while we breast feed to the total amount of our calories allowed for the day? Also anyone have any issues with dieting and losing your supply?/milk?
  • twiigo
    twiigo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing and keeping under mfp calorie goal. I've lost 6lbs. My goal wieght is 150. I've had no issues with nursing. My boy is 4months and growing just fine. Just keep hydrated. Better foods probably makes better milk anyways. There are teas to help with milk production that won't add extra calories. Even stores like Fred myers carry them.
  • twiigo
    Options
    But i also read that lactating women need an extra 500calories but if you are already consume too many calories why would you need to add more? What i read seemed not to be based on women who are 60+ lbs over like me. The article did mention 3.1 liters (13 cups), is a good amount of water for us, which sounds reasonable.
    Unfortunately the article also suggested just going with your appetite, uh wrong, my appetite lead me to eat a whole pie. Not just any pie, a costco pie!!! Well anyways 1.5 lbs a week should be safe. Keep healthy!! :) c
  • xinsomnia
    xinsomnia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I actually lost weight during my pregnancy (had no appetite whatsoever) and the first month of breastfeeding but I've got horrible self control and am back to my original weight. My 5 month old eats almost every hour, which makes it really hard to go out to the gym. I'm more focused on eating healthy right now (though I do want to exercise too). Add me if you like :)
  • fitnicole21
    Options
    melmac003 wrote: »
    Hi there, I just joined. Is there a way to add the extra calories we are supposed to get while we breast feed to the total amount of our calories allowed for the day? Also anyone have any issues with dieting and losing your supply?/milk?

I have not had any issues with my supply. And you can just add 500 cals to your total amount. Which I did. I drink water and Gatorade. I hate water lol so I drink Gatorade also.
    You can add me if you'd like (:
  • fitnicole21
    Options
    twiigo wrote: »
    I'm nursing and keeping under mfp calorie goal. I've lost 6lbs. My goal wieght is 150. I've had no issues with nursing. My boy is 4months and growing just fine. Just keep hydrated. Better foods probably makes better milk anyways. There are teas to help with milk production that won't add extra calories. Even stores like Fred myers carry them.

Are you working out also or? What is your calorie daily goal?
  • fitnicole21
    Options
    But i also read that lactating women need an extra 500calories but if you are already consume too many calories why would you need to add more? What i read seemed not to be based on women who are 60+ lbs over like me. The article did mention 3.1 liters (13 cups), is a good amount of water for us, which sounds reasonable.
    Unfortunately the article also suggested just going with your appetite, uh wrong, my appetite lead me to eat a whole pie. Not just any pie, a costco pie!!! Well anyways 1.5 lbs a week should be safe. Keep healthy!! :) c

You are supposed to add 500 cals because you burn 500 cals just breastfeeding alone and your supposed to drink half your body weight in water daily lol
  • JHarper212
    JHarper212 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding my third child who is 10 months old now. Since starting my diet and exercise regimen in January I've lost 42 lbs. It's been a bit of a struggle balancing milk supply and losing weight but I'm sticking to both.
  • fitnicole21
    Options
    JHarper212 wrote: »
    I'm breastfeeding my third child who is 10 months old now. Since starting my diet and exercise regimen in January I've lost 42 lbs. It's been a bit of a struggle balancing milk supply and losing weight but I'm sticking to both.

Awesome job Mamma!!
  • livefitwithjess
    livefitwithjess Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    add me too. I am exclusively breastfeeding my 4 month old and have not lost any weight since delivering her in January. I have been working out 5 days a week for 2 months now. I'm starting to feel discouraged. I have 20-30 lbs to lose.
  • twiigo
    Options

Are you working out also or? What is your calorie daily goal?

Yes, I'm training for a half marathon (walking) in Sept. My calorie goal on mfp is a 1740.
  • MamaCourtneyL
    MamaCourtneyL Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 weeks pp with our 4th baby (EBF) and with the other three being age 5 and under it sure does get hard to fit "healthy" in but I'm sure trying! :)