How often do you weigh yourself ?

Options
I have a very obsessive personality and I don't want to get hung up on weighing myself everyday but fear this may happen as I can't help myself . Just wondering how often everyone weighs themselves , I get down if my weight is the same and always have . I don't want to feel defeated before I've really started .

Replies

• bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Every day, same time ideally and in some conditions. Use an app to record and look at the trends, not the individual numbers.
    Eg. weightgrapher.com

Educate yourself on the factors that influence day to day weight (start with some googling)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Everyday. My weight then auto syncs with my Fitbit account which transfers the information to here. My fitbit is also linked to trendweight.com so I can monitor the trends.

If you want to weigh yourself daily, why not try using an app like HappyScale or MY Weight. Both of these apps will show you a trend.
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I may be in the minority. I weigh once a month, maaaybe twice. I find the normal, day-to-day fluctuation too annoying and when I was losing, it would affect me too much to have what I thought was a great few days, only to have the scale show a half pound gain or something. It was hard to break the habit of weighing often, but it made a huge difference for me. I see people on these forums all the time getting so frustrated and wanting to quit just because, in my opinion, they are weighing too often! I recommend once or twice a month, for sanity's sake. :)
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Every day. It keeps me accountable.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    When I was losing, once a week. In maintenance, almost every day except with I have my period.
  • LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    Every day. It keeps me accountable.

THIS ^^ Although I only write down my weight loss weekly.
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Approx every 2 - 3 weeks.
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    once or twice a week. I'm to afraid to do it daily LOL I still get down if my weight hasn't moved or if it goes up. So once or twice works for me.
  • peggy13794
    peggy13794 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Every day. It's what works for me.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday morning. I tend to obsess and get way too wrapped up in the number if I weigh daily. Weighing on Sunday mornings also encourages me and keeps me accountable so I do not blow all of my progress on the weekends.
  • varduk
    varduk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Once every 3 days...
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh daily but the number would seriously ruin or make my whole day. That was not mentally healthy. I have switched to once or twice a week. I typically weigh in the middle of the week after salt or alcohol weight from the weekend will have washed out of my system.

I focus more on fitness goals rather than strictly measuring solely by the number on the scale.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I tried weighing daily and the fluctuations just upset me so much, I mentally could not handle it.
  • amyf2000
    amyf2000 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I usually hop on the scale 3-4 times a day. It's probably not healthy. I record my weight in mfp once a week.